LT30a JB Upgrade breaks tethering

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

LT30a JB Upgrade breaks tethering

I purchased the Xperia T LT30a about a month ago. The tethering was working fine. I applied the Jelly Bean update last week, now the tethering is not working. My devices can connect, but get no Internet connectivity. Being tech savvy, I was able to downgrade my phone back to Ice Cream Sandwich, tethering worked again. I went through the upgrade process back to JB, tethering stopped working again. You say to contact Sony, Sony says to contact you. Can you PLEASE help??

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: LT30a JB Upgrade breaks tethering

Hi everyone,

We recognize some of you may be having an issue tethering your Xperia T with the Jelly Bean upgrade. We are working on a solution and will provide you with an update in the coming week.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mnakonechny

When you contact Sony, did you speak to Sony's Xperia tech support? If so what exactly did they say? Rogers reps are known not to have that much knowledge if things like this because lets be honest, every month or so Rogers releases a new phone so the reps are not going to sit there & memorize all of the problems / issues unlike Sony reps would.

Seeing as you reloaded the software, do me a fav, check the APN & see what APN settings you have.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Here are my APN settings:

Rogers LTE (everything not noted is set to "Not Set")

APN: ltemobile.apn

MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69

MMS Port: 80

MCC: 302

MCN: 720

APN Type: default,mms,supl

APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6

LTE Tethering (all settings are greyed out any not editable)

APN: ltedata.apn

MCC: 302

MNC: 720

APN Type: dun

Sony tech support told me that all they can do is forward my problem to their development team along with my phone number and IMEI

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So you guys have no answer to my problem?

I gave my phone to Fraser Valley Wireless (where I bought it) to send to Sony for repair. It came back in worse shape than I sent it in! Here's what they did:

- It was downgraded to the 4.0.4 ICS firmware

- The apns were gone and set incorrectly

- It would only connect via 3G, and not LTE

- Tethering STILL not working

- The phone would not update to Jelly Bean! Sony Companion software said no update was available!

I wiped the phone to default and it worked again (LTE, tethering, etc). Now it prompted me to upgrade. And guess what? Tethering doesn't work again!!

I expect this phone to be replaced ASAP, this is totally unacceptable! I've only had this phone for a month and while I do like it, I require tethering to work! Please restore some of my faith in the good customer service I've had the past several years I've been with Rogers!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mnakonechny

Contact Rogers tech support & have them send you out a refurb Sony Xperia LT30a for the charge of $35. This cost is for them to ship you the phone & you ship yours back. This is a refurb device BUT it does work. Its been tested by Rogers & Sony.

If the device you receive have the same issue with JB, that means its the software that is causing this. No one can tell you anything else. You need to have Rogers or Sony look into this more.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

We recognize some of you may be having an issue tethering your Xperia T with the Jelly Bean upgrade. We are working on a solution and will provide you with an update in the coming week.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

View solution in original post