LG Optimus 3D P925G update???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

LG Optimus 3D P925G update???

Ok...so the fact the lg optimus was released running froyo 2.2 is absurd however it is even worse that it has been almost a year since gingerbread was released and it still does not have it....I have read this week that the 2.3 update was released and that all of the phones should have it by now however I am still not able to get the update.. I spoke to LG and they said that Rogers was one of the last and they did not know when it would be released...Any idea on why this is happening?? Is it beeing help back by Rogers to approve or is it LG's fault? Ice cream sandwich is now out and LG's dual core flagship phone does not have it??? what gives??

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: LG Optimus 3D P925G update???

You might be able to get the new GB build. But make sure you back everything up!

I was on stock V10C today. But then I soft bricked my LG trying to install CWM. Just got stuck at LG Logo. Following advise on the forums, I removed my SIM card and SD card, powered off the phone, and started LG Mobile Update. Go to the top Menu under Customer Support and click "Recovery Phone".

I entered my IMEI and it gave me a pop-up listing LG P925G. When I clicked OK it started downloading a 400ish MB file. Which I thought was odd since I downloaded the V10C file and it was only 300ish MB.

When finished my phone rebooted and it took a good 2 minutes to boot up. Now my Android version is listed as 2.3.5
Baseband L6260_MODEM_SIC_01.1042.00
Build GRJ90
Software REV: LGP925G-V20C-DEC-22-2011

So I def. have the new update. Now, don't try and brick your phone like I did but try the emergency Firmware recovery from the LG Update app, maybe that will force it to download. Just as a note my unit is SIM unlocked, don't know if that helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I know that Rogers requires a different baseband than providers in europe wich could be one of the delays. Rogers will also need to add their branding to the rom prior to the update being shipped. The only optimus3d phones that received the update to my knowlage up to now are the unbranded unlocked phones in europe.

From my experience between LG and rogers there will be quite a bit of delay.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ok..so i called LG today and spoke to a tech support guy and was told that is was Rogers that was holding back the process. The other carriers have finalized the latest build however Rogers was the one holding the release back and that they heard it would be the middle or end of december before it would most likely be relealsed. I am having issues with the software and quite a few apps are not working properly and was told by the app developpers that 2.3 should fix most of the issues...So if anyone is listenning please put a move on this! I still can't believe it has taken this long to released an already outaded update for a flagship phone....and from what i read today in Mobilesyrup LG plans on releasing ICS for the Optimus 3D....I can only imagine will take them another year to push the update to our phones...I thought this was over with the galaxy S and Sony X10  fiasco. Please realize that we are stuck with our phones for 30 months now versus the 24 months and that not many people want to pay a couple hundred dollars on top of the handset cost to get an early HUP..My 2 cents

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unfortunately, Rogers already has your money, so if you think they give even a slight crap about you, I have some lovely waterfront property in Louisiana I'd love to sell you.

Rogers is run by horrible horrible people who just want to separate you from your money as quickly as possible and don't really care how you're left once that's done.

Sorry.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just spoke with LG briefly, I was told that we will NOT be getting the GingerBread update at all.  Instead they are skipping it and we will be getting ICS instead.  He would not disclose any sort of time frame for the update though.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If this is true... it is terrible that they are holding an update that is available like this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I sent another nasty message to LG about this. Why did the rest of the world get the update to 2.3? Why would rogers not release it as well? All they had to do is keep the rogers bloatware out of it...I imagine they just don't want to spend the money to pay a programer to add the crapware...So dissapointing...there are so many bugs, force restarts and freezing up that I am going to toss the phone in the garbage. Oh and there are quite a few apps that won't run at all on the phone. Hopefully they read this messages and convey the message to whomever is making these decisions. Keep the bloatware out of the build and just release the stock version that LG built for the optimus 3D. AT&T managed to do it so why can't rogers? And if they are waiting for ICS can you imagine how long it will take for them to release it? By then the warranty on the phone will be expired and most people will have got a new phone by then. I already ruined a phone doing the stock upgrade (acer liquid e)  and Acer nor rogers would help me because the warranty was expired. I was stuck with a bricked phone on a carrrier provided update...not cool to say the least...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

hmmmm......i am very disappointed how some other countries have their updates for their phone (including op.3D) but we dont have it.......2.2.2 wow...really??? people who uses this phone probably knows that phone freezes time to time for weird reasons. I am wondering if update will solve the problem. I saw a post about p925g and it sounds like there will be no more updates..... Sometime lg update tells me i have an update...i get so excited...but after they direct me to this update program , they tell me how v10c is the newest version or today, they download this 300MB worth of update file and applied it but nothing happen......ahhhhh !!!!!!! 2.2.2 is falling wayyyyy behind.....i want an update.... Anyone has any idea about where this update is going???

Highlighted
I've Been Around

So Im guessing we arent getting the update.

If theyre skipping GB then the ICS update isnt coming to LG phones until the end of 2012. And rogers will probably be late on that too.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I can't begin to put into words how unimpressed I am with both LG and Rogers right now. I bought this phone due to the understanding that Rogers had committed to a Gingerbread update for October 2011. Here we are in the last bit of Jan of the next year and finding out that we probably won't get Gingerbread (Even though Europe and Asia have it) and MIGHT get ICS late summer.

VERY Poorly handled on both sides, LG for not making the update available via their update software and Rogers for not performing even basic PR via communication regarding the delay/dismissal of Gingerbread.