cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Neon issues

ichigo
I've Been Around

Hey guys

So I know the LG slide qwerty phones tend to have problems from what I've read but I was clearly not thinking when I decided to get that instead of a Samsung touch phone, which is actually what I wanted...anyway does anyone know if there have been any fixes for problems such as phone shutting itself off (ex when it is slid shut, it does this to me a LOT), the VM icon appearing when there is no VM, or anything else.

I have the LG Neon Pink, just got it in May and the problems are really annoying so I went back to using my old Samsung and no probs with that one (other than that it doesn't get service in some places the newer phone does but I expected that).  I haven't taken it into the store cause I read that people just ended up with replacement phones of the same model and had the same problems so I don't see the point. If there are no fixes I'll just keep using my Samsung til next year or til it dies on me whichever happens first, if it dies then I'll just deal with the annoyances.

If there are fixes I will gladly try them or take it into to the store to get them done if needed.

Thanks for the help.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: LG Neon issues

WiseD
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@cannm wrote:

My daughter has an lg neon pink and it says on startup (PUK is Blocked. Please Contact Your Provider) what do i do? my daughter tried her password and several others to unlock and it says she has 4 more tries please help.

Contact Rogers technical support right away. The PUK Code is something that only the carrier can provide you with. Its kind of a master unlock for situations where the PIN is forgotten/entered incorrectly.

1-888-764-3771 is the number you want to call.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Great suggestions.

To perform a master reset on the LG Neon:

Settings – Reset – Reset settings (restores factory default settings, does not erase content or media)

When prompted for a password try one of following:

For the store nearest you:

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=store_locator&customer_type=Residentia...

cannm
I've Been Around

My daughter has an lg neon pink and it says on startup (PUK is Blocked. Please Contact Your Provider) what do i do? my daughter tried her password and several others to unlock and it says she has 4 more tries please help.

WiseD
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@cannm wrote:

Contact Rogers technical support right away. The PUK Code is something that only the carrier can provide you with. Its kind of a master unlock for situations where the PIN is forgotten/entered incorrectly.

1-888-764-3771 is the number you want to call.

Cheers!

View solution in original post