LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

That's what they told me as well. That the 19th is only tentative not firm. I keep checking and hoping though lol. What I also like is that, from everything I've read, we don't have to choose between the two different backs. Since only the 2 are coming to Canada the phones will be shipped with both the leather and plastic back. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sherryl12345

Prices are $199 on a 2yr term and $699 outright. The date is for sure June 19th as our internal systems show that date and also we received devices ( Best Buy) which are with Rogers, Bell and Telus.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

awesome, i'm excited to finally be able to pull the trigger on this baby. I wonder if Rogers will let us pre-order today or if we have to wait till friday
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Stryfex

Very nice! I seen it at my work as we opened one up and used it. Very nice but the device is still slow it seems. Oh well we shall see
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Stryfex...me too. I'll hold off until the 26th if I can..it'll reduce my flex tab by one more month...Lol
@Meowmix...great..and I'd have loved to have been the one opening that box lol...there's a lot of interest in this device..like it or not people do want this phone. You have the benefit of taking each device for a trial spin and that would be awesome..I hope you have fun with that cause i know i would..seeing as I make icon packs for theming devices I'd just have to get one of them all
😛
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix..you said its running a bit slow? A couple of possibilities there. If it's running 5.0.1 that's a known issue and is supposed to be addressed with the 5.1 update. Also, as I'm sure you're aware being in the industry, it's typically suggested that devices, all new ones not just this one, should cycle through the battery once or twice before benchmarking it. In my humble opinion anyways
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sherryl12345

Thats true but we tested the phone out for the past 5 days. Cycled it over 13 times lol. So the battery and OS is fine. We downloaded 15 apps and such. It seems sluggish and the battery life isn't as near as good as the Note 4 or even the G2( which most reviews said). Again just my opinion though
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I don't know about battery life as the reviews just seem so inconsistent on this and every other phone regarding that but in terms of performance, every G4 review I've read said that the phone was buttery smooth compared to the S6 and that despite the brute force approach by samsung that their touchwiz UI still provided a more jumpy experience than the G4

On that particular metric almost every review seems fairly consistent in it's praise

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Stryfex

Again most sites with reviews always have to write something good as the manufacturer gives the phones free to them for reviews. That's why they barely write anything bad about them lol.

Also they have different views and opinions then others as u may know. They do a review where I use the phone on a daily basis like normal Joe's.

It is true that the phone runs a bit better then the S6 that I can agree on.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix,

Your own comment then applies to all phones and those who review particular devices including Samsung. Smiley Wink

I can serioulsy state though, that the G4 has been reviewed in a much more favorable light than the S6 on the majority of sites. It even won out over the M9 in many cases. The M9 has disappointed many it seems. I have had the M7 and M8. I've also had the G2 and G3. I've had the Samsung S2 and S3 and two of their 10.5 tabs and their Note 2. The Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 tab I like a lot and am impressed with. The phones have been literally nightmarish. I'll never fork out that kind of money for a Samsung phone again. Tab yes.

The M7 was a good phone I liked it a lot. The M8 was also pretty awesome and I like the BoomSound just as much or better than Beats. Music is awesome on the HTC's. But for a daily phone...LG wins out every time. Even the sound on the G3 is way better than the G2. They also made organising ones music much less complicated.

These phones are like pieces of art. They are, to a point, subjective and therefore a personal preference. There are also facts and specs about the devices which will sway some and not others depending on what one is looking for in a device.

Regardless, seeing as just a couple of decades ago we were carrying massive devices with gigatic antennas around in our cars, what we have available to us and the choices is incredibly impressive.

Now just let us preorder it, lol