LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

Hi @Meowmix,

I never disputed that.

In fact what I said was that the Rogers employee said, according to his computer, that the 19th is actually STILL a tentative date. That that's the reason no pre-orders are being accepted yet.  That until the date is firm in their systems there wouldn't be pre-orders. 

So let's hope they make the 19th firm and that they don't push it back like they did the 10th.

Sigh..it's my next upgrade so my fingers are crossed

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sherryl12345

I doubt it will be delayed more. If they do, it's a failed launch. Not many will be getting this anyways as they either got the S6 / edge, HTC One M9 and other devices. Plus the hype for this phone is not as what they expected and didn't really review well it seems.

Anyways none the less hope u enjoy it when u get it! It seems like a great device!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've only read good about this device..especially compared to the others. 

And thanks..LG hasn't disappointed with their phones, in my case, yet and I'm not execting them to start...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sherryl12345

The i guess you need to research more about them. The G3 which is last years flagship is NOT getting updates per what LG Canada said & also they have had the worsed past with updating their devices. The built is good but the updates are lacking on LG's part.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

LOL...You wouldn't believe the reading I do on this device, my G3, my M8, my M7, and my Galaxy devices. As well as the not so impressive M9 and S6. I'm very well informed thanks. Also as for updates, HTC has missed their "90 days after Google" a few times. 90 days is 3 months..that's actually a long time especially when one has to wait on the carrier to release those updates after adding their own crap on top of that 90 days. 

The fact that the build is very high in standards for the price compared to others is also a huge selling point.

Regardless, like everything else, it's all personal preference.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sherryl12345

We all do reading & i have been in this indrustry for a long time & seeing many things lol. Again personal preference but LG has had the worst past with updating their devices. After not updating the LG G3 with the 5.0 update its just made them look real bad in my opinion with many others. ( This update was cut off from LG & NOT the carriers which Telus has already said.)

Anyways we will see how the G4 does up with the new devices.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's funny cause my LG G3 is running stock 5.0.1 so the not updating to 5.0.0 is a mis-statement5.0.1

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I also have to say that Telus doesn't even carry the G3 so they wouldn't get the update and by history the G2 is too old..they are however carrying the G4..it's listed in their devices. So maybe us too soon now the competition has it up

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sherryl12345

Yes that is correct i was kinda tired last night & put G3 instead of G2. The G2 is NOT getting the update which LG was already sent out around the world. LG Canada refuses to update that device for a unknown reason. Just the same thing with the LG Optimus G device. If you search LG past history many sites & others will tell you the poor customer service & poor update history on their device. Do not think i am taking it down but i would not buy a product that won't give me updates.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I received a Best Buy flyer day before yesterday that offers the G4 for pre-order with Telus here in Winnipeg.  I called Rogers yesterday but was told they still don't have any info about their release date.