LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

I understand that the promo is for online/phone customers only, I was just making the point that we in Canada don't live in a vacuum.  We all know that the promo for our US cousins is for ALL purchasers of the G4 regardless of carrier or method of purchase.  The Rogers approach here makes me feel like a second-class citizen.  Had I been aware of the promotion before I went out to get the phone at a Rogers store...I might have chosen to wait.

BTW...has anyone noticed what appears to be wireless charging coils in the plastic and leather covers of their G4?  I was curious about the 2 little gold contacts on the inside of my covers...and I'm pretty sure I can see a coil there under the grey plastic.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @obrentpeterson

I do understand what you are saying and see your point but nothing can be done until they change it. I do agree what u are saying though.

Are u sure those aren't for the NFC coils? I know they do have those.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone ordered over phone or chat and had thiers ship out?  Just placed my order over the phone yesterday, hoping I get the accessory kit.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered via chat around 10am yesterday. I got a shipping notice around midnight last night and when I tracked the shipment this morning, UPS said it was already on a vehicle for delivery today. Very fast. The itemized packing slip they attached lists the phone as item one and then a code I can't quite interpret that I hope is the accessory promo pack. I can post back later when I know for sure that I got the promo and there were no issues.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just to give another viewpoint, I ordered yesterday shortly after @Sarajevo did, and I haven't received a shipping notice yet. I'm sure it'll ship out within the next 3-5 days though so I'm not too worried. I'll also try to remember to post in here about the accessory kit.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks I will post updatets of my shipment as well.

Anyone thinking of getting the Wireless Charger?  or the Quick Charger 2.0 apparently the G4 supports it check links below .....I think im going to order it off ebay

http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-LG-G4s-battery-recharges-23-faster-with-a-QuickCharge-2.0-charger...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2015-for-LG-G4-Charger-Qi-Wireless-Charging-Pad-Qi-Receiver-Sticker-With-NFC-...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rtsascf

We used the Quick charging Wall Adapter from the S6 edge on the G4 at work and it worked. So it does support quick charging. As for th the QI wireless charging we haven't tried that yet
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

When I try to go through the online upgrade process, at the very last step before checkout the G4's price changes from $199.99 to $399.99 (on a 2 year plan). Really glad I noticed this. 

Which price is the erroneous one, and when will the glitch be ironed out?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ngwoo   the correct price should be $199 on a 2-year contract, that's what I was charged. I don't know when they will fix it... it took a few days for the phone to even show up as an option. Might take a few more.

@rtsascf   just to update you, the G4 that I ordered yesterday morning which I received shipping notification for last night arrived after lunch today via UPS. The bonus accessory pack with extra battery, SD card, etc was included. However I know one other person who ordered via phone rather than web chat yesterday, and he has not received a shipping notice or anything yet.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Glad to hear the $399.99 price is just a glitch. Looks like someone just set the 2-year contract subsidy amount wrong.