LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

LG Canada isn't exactly on the ball. Even I can't defend that, lol.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

LOL. I spoke to our LG rep here in store and we were told that they didn't manufacture enough that they estimated so the units are low.
I've Been Here Awhile

Costco in Burlington, ON has 6 in stock. well... 5 now 😉 

Comes with 2 backs (space grey plastic, and leather).

Offer includes bonus car charger, and $25 gift card. (75 on Bell)

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok my new G4 has a moveable lens on the back camera..it's a beauty. Got an email from LG and after I register my phone I get a $130 package which includes a 32g memory card, a second battery and a charging dock. Pre-ordered from Best Buy and got a $75 gift card...been a good day lol...oh and applied my Rogers Reward points and got another $70 off.
I Plan to Stick Around

Like most devices 18 months and older of any make, they are bipassed on updates. That fits the G2 so I would have been more surprised if they DID get the update
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sherryl12346

Again thr frustration on many that bought the G2 and we're promised from LG that the update would come is enough. It doesn't matter how old the device is, if the rest of the world got it, LG Canada has no excuse :). That's my opinion thought lol

Very nice! Enjoy your new toy! 😛
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix

Totally agree.

But for me, ever since I got my first Android phone, I always rely on xda and the community is amazing. Running Lollipop on my G2 for a few days now and it's been running flawlessly. 

Anyway just reserved my LG G4 from Best Buy. Might pick it up today or tomorrow.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/lg-electronics-rogers-lg-g4-32gb-smartphone-black-metallic-grey-...

It says "2 Year Agreement" (assuming it's just a placeholder title?) Currently on a BYOD, would it be as simple as swapping SIM card after purchasing in store?

I'm Here A Lot

@sherryl12345

How much points did you have? I have 5,645 points. Not sure if I should blow it all on this purchase. Never needed it anyway.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @prenzt

You see though, many don't want to go that root as they rather get official updates and not screw around with their new device. Others may say different because they are used to rooting but again different minds and such.

You can buy it outright and then swap the card. I know at my Best Buy we don't allow outright purchases but it's only for certain devices like iPhones. Androids I believe are okay.

Also i have around 16,500 points lol. So i might use them later one.
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix

Yup totally understand. I can see how much trouble it couldbe. When I first got my G2, I left it stock for a couple of  months. Had some difficulties here and there (phone bootlooping etc, was a nightmare!)

I'm guessing it's simple process, I'll let you know.