LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

This is a pretty simple question. I keep reading on r/android everyday about various US carriers offering pre-orders for the G4 starting today/tomorrow and being a Rogers customer who is dying to get my hands on one of these phones....it would be nice to have some kind of insight as to when I can do that...

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG G4 Pre-order/order date?

Hello @Peter

That is correct. LG has confirmed this. Rogers should open up their reservations soon if not when it gets released.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/06/04/lg-g4-coming-to-canada-june-19th-on-bell-rogers-telus-videotron-an...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Stryfex

Unfortunately at the moment there is no indication on when it will be released with Rogers. Sadly that info will only come out once they do announce it. Stay tuned!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wind Mobile's official launch is on June 19th so assume its the same for all the other carriers.

Wind.png

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I wish I could feel that were true. Rogers sometimes likes to take it's time Rogers-izing their phones and there is as much as a several month delay.

I hope it's no later than that as this Galaxy S4 that I'm using is barely operational at this point
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Peter

While that is true we have to wait until Rogers announces it.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Stryfex

Unfortunately no one knows. I wouldn't say it will take time but last year the G3 was released a bit time after the actual release date due to LG. Also LG is known for its past record with late updates as Mobilesyrup has said and is known.

Hopefully Rogers releases it soon
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

LG G4 should cost $199.99 on a 2-year plan and $699.99 outright on most carriers when it debuts Friday, June 19th. Carrier partners include Bell, Rogers, Telus, Videotron and Wind Mobile.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Peter

That is correct. LG has confirmed this. Rogers should open up their reservations soon if not when it gets released.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/06/04/lg-g4-coming-to-canada-june-19th-on-bell-rogers-telus-videotron-an...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Literally just hung up the phone with a Rogers rep for a different reason but while on the line with him I asked about pre-ordering the G4. His response was the tentative release date for the G4 was originally the 10th of June. That has now been pushed to the 19th of June. They will not open the system up for pre-orders until the tentative date bcomes a firm date. So in other words keep waiting, keep checking but it shoud be soon..

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sherryl12345

If you read the link is posted above, you will see it was announced that June 19th is the Canadian release date.