LG G3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: LG G3

LG G3 received lollipop update Wednesday. Takes about 20 minutes to dnld and install. Don't know if I like it. Phone seems to run slower, pages take longer to open. Home touch buttons are different. I'll try it for a while and maybe go back to KitKat.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bugmaster1

Mine did that in the start but after a restart it works just as smooth and don't have any issues with slowness or pages take long to load. Unfortunately the only way to revert back to Kit Kat is if u root the device. There is no other way.
I Plan to Stick Around

You can downgrade the LG G3 to Kit Kat by using the LG Flash Tool and obtaining the correct image from the interweb. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello clockwork58

Yes that is correct! You can get it that way as well. That means u need to root ur device & flash ur phone with that software & its on their own risk if anything happens.
I've Been Around

LG G3 D851

I'm thinking about buying am LG D3 D851.  Its unlocked but is the US model for T-Mobile.  Just was hoping someone could help me out in terms of compatibility.  According to LG's site here:

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-D851-Metallic-Black-g3

it is compatible with LTE bands 2, 4, 13 & 7, which I believe rogers used LTE 4&7 so was just hoping someone could confirm it for me.

Thanks a lot.

Good evening @spcamero,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Forums!

According to the link for the website you posted above, the LG G3 D851, uses the following GSM Bands : 850/900/1800/1900. The LG G3 D852, we currently carry, uses the following GSM Bands : 850/900/1800/1900.

Therefore, it would be safe to say that you could most likely use that device on our network, if it is unlocked.

However, keep in mind that the performance of the device cannot be guaranteed.

We currently offer the LG G3 at $0 on select 2-year plans; Why don't you look into upgrading your current device with us instead of buying an unlocked T-Mobile phone? You would get a 12 months manufacturer warranty! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude