LG G3 release date?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LG G3 release date?

so i tweeted @RogersBuzz and they replied saying the G3 Will be in store on Aug 1st... asked about pre orders so i am waiting to hear back
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jeneric28

That's something we already know BUT they need to let us know about reserving it. I would get it tho!
jlannen
I Plan to Stick Around

Im going to wait until the 805 version is released, dont want to buy the 801 version then the 805 is out. Plus ive read the initial release will only be the black colour. ..which is ridiculous.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jlannen

The internal notice you read is what was leaked out by someone via Bell. Mobilesyrup and others posted it. That doesn't mean all carriers will get Black. Although i am sure Black will be the first device released until they bring the other colours out.

Also make sure that model supports the networks here.
DonDiego
I've Been Here Awhile

My understanding is that 805 version (which includes LTE-A) is for Korea only.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DonDiego

If it is, unfortunately then it won't work in Canadian carriers.
jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

it will work here, its just you might not get the best reception and optimization for the Rogers network... but there is a chance ... i'm gonna ask my brother to bring one back when he comes back next month.. see if it works..
jeneric28
I Plan to Stick Around

looks like there will be no pre order ... if it's not out by now (1 week before launch) there probably won't be one... unless this is one of those rare situations... 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hllo jeneric28

The thing is Korean models use different frequencies then Rogers. So u are wasting money bringing it here it if only works on EDGE or 3G. Mind you also the warranty won't work as into a Korean model and not a Canadian one. So LG want do much unless u send it back to Korea for warranty lol..
DonDiego
I've Been Here Awhile

Not sure about Korean models not working in Canada.

The F400K Korean model (and others) of the LG G3 supports all the frequencies used in Canada. It may not be 100% optimized for the Canadian market...but it will work.