LG G3 now updated to lollipop and calendars won't sync

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

LG G3 now updated to lollipop and calendars won't sync

Hi. My wife and I got two new G3's and the next day OS was updated to 5.1 but now calendars won't sync. We both have multiple email types (hotmail, gmail, company specific etc) and none will sync with outlook calendar or the android calendar. When trying to add email to sync, some don't show up on list  of accounts.

Is there a workaround or a different calendar to use?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG G3 now updated to lollipop and calendars won't sync

Hello kylemcdougall

Hmm mine seem to be syncing just fine on my G3. Never had a issue when i installed 5.0 lollipop from Rogers.

Have you tried removing them all together & doing a factory reset to see if that helps?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just to be clear, are you suggesting a reset that dumps Lollipop and all apps then reloading everything?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kylemcdougall

When doing a factory reset, it factory resets the phone to the way u got it. No apps or data. You can back up the device using the LG desktop manager & then restore it once you are done so that way u do not lose anything. You will need to re-download all the apps u had tho.

It won't dump Lollipop. Once you do the factory reset, it will still have Lollipop on it.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The LG PC suite has a notice that pops up saying that it shouldn't be used with 5.0 or higher for sync or backup.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kylemcdougall

Hmm. Have you tried contacting LG via Facebook or on their site to see what they say?
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Not yet. I thought I'd try here first.

They don't have any notices on their site and I haven't seen anything posted elsewhere. I have other LG products and they're not the most responsive group when asked questions.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kylemcdougall

The only other thing i can suggest is making a account on the XDA / Androidcentral &asking this there where there are plenty of people that have this phone / developers that may be able to help u fix this.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Do you connect thru USB when you sync or does yours sync wirelessly?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kylemcdougall

Via the computer? You need to plug it in