LG G2 Lollipop upgrade?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG G2 Lollipop upgrade?

Hello @zrr239

Again if you can get those reps to give u actual proof it's been pushed then I will believe them. As I said before when I worked for Sony we were told to tell customers the update was given to the carriers when in fact it was never given. It's a script all manufacturers and companies use to make customers happy. I explained that a couple of times
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i just emailed LG CANADA why they have not released it to ROGERS
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @junk

Hopefully they give you a actual answer & not a script & to show you that they released it to Rogers & not just tell you.

WE shall see.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey @Meowmix, I asked telus on twitter, and they said lg is refusing to update to lollipop. And when I asked lg on live chat, they would disconnect. I think you are right: https://mobile.twitter.com/zr239/status/604339474009571330
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zrr239

That's exactly what I am saying. Why else would they have removed it off of their site?. So in reality Rogers can't be blamed if Telus is going public saying LG is refusing to update the device. Rogers and no other carrier can't do anything.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

As of right now LG will not be upgrading the G2 to the 5.0 update. Unfortunately this is a decision that LG made and not the carriers. As Mobilesyrup posted LG Korea said North American models won't be getting the update but Mobilesyrup has contacted LG but no reply http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/06/03/lg-g2-will-not-receive-lollipop-update-in-canada/?utm_content=buff...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Meowmix, I'm with you on this specific case where it's probably LG Canada not releasing the update for the D803 (or, most probably, not bothering to put it together in the first place).

HOWEVER, where I DO blame Rogers (and for that matter, most other Canadian carriers) is their nasty habit of specifying specific models for their customers.
Like Canadians were so unique as to require different handsets to the rest of the world...
I'm sure it's because of crap like this that LG is not playing ball with Canadian carriers when the time comes to update devices...
The meeting probably goes like this:

LG: So, you cost me X money a year and a half ago with all your little specs and whatnot... Now, no way I'l go through the hassle of building you a new ROM for your little weirdo device. Unless you pay me $XX extra.
Rogers / Bell / Telus: Never mind... we'll just try to sell new devices to our clients anyway.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @alexvtr

Honestly no one knows what is going on. We can all guess but no one is right until something official comes out explaining who did it. Do i think its the carriers? I do BUT if again if LG wanted to be loyal to their customers they would have done it.

IT seems like something is going on & we wont find out. Either way LG has done this in the past not only to us but in the states as well with some devices. Who knows though.