LG G2 Lollipop upgrade?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG G2 Lollipop upgrade?

Hello @Neil17

You just need to be a bit more patient. The G4 won't come out until late June. You also don't seem to have worked in the industry or know this but manufactures and carriers at time hold back updates until the new one comes out so customers can drop the old devices for the new ones.

It will come out. Don't worry
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am also growing impatient waiting for the G2 lollipop update.  It's already available on US carriers; does it really take this long for Rogers to add all of its bloatware to the OS before releasing it?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Laika

It takes time due to many things normal joes do not know of. Also Bell & Telus have NOT released the update either. So maybe something with LG Canada is stopping it from doing it. What the states do are different & many do not understand that. The carriers in the states have different agreements then the carriers in Canada do. If Rogers or any carrier has issues they send back the update & then the manufacturer will look at whats wrong. Many things happen.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Still waiting for this update. Why is it taking so long? US carriers have it and so should we.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @InfinitiGuy

Again jut because US carriers have it doesn't mean eveyone else will. If the US carriers stop selling LG does that mean Rogers will?.

LG controls the updates with the carriers. It seems to be stalled due to some issues going on thus why no Canadian carrier has brought it out yet.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Deciding to stop selling a product is a marketing decision and different from availability of a ROM. The availability of Lollipop in the US market means that technically the product is capable of running LP on the D803 as the Canadian and US versions of the G2 are nearly identical.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @InfinitiGuy

Yes but it seems many like to bring up the " US has it so why doesn't Rogers" but none of them think about WHY it's no actually put for ANY Canadian carrier... If Rogers had exclusive rights to the device I would understand but seeing as the G2 was released for multiple carriers in Canada and none of them released the update yet, it means that LG has told them to wait and or something is going on. Working in the industry you will see this with many products, not just phones.

The update will come out but we should remain a bit more patient don't u think :). It's just a update. If your phone is working fine, just remain patient and the update will come out!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

"we should remain a bit more patient don't u think"?

Actually, no, I don't think.  Lollipop was release 6 months ago.  5.1 and 5.1.1 have already been released.  This is ridiculous.

Why would I buy a phone from Rogers in the future when I can get an unlocked one from the US and receive faster updates?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Laika

I do agree with you BUT you also need some pateince. Its just a update. If your phone is working with the current update then you are fine. I get it you want the newest & best update but that also takes time. There is ONLY a few devices with 5.1 / 5.1.1 out for Canadian devices which include the Nexus line & some Motorola devices. No other ones have it. Samsung, Sony, LG, You can Google it & see. The states have a different agreement with the manufacteres to release updates. The same thing here. The carrier & the manufactere work together to push out a update. Not just the carrier. 

If you wish not to buy a phone from Rogers & get a unlocked one from the states that is your own decision & no one is FORCING you to get it from Rogers. You picked to get it from Rogers. Rogers ONLY plays a middle part in this just like LG does. So before we blame Rogers, how about we also blame LG for not releasing it on time & actually telling its customers what is going on just like Rogers?. No one thinks about that but blames the carrier. The carrier does NOT make the updates, does not make the devices. The carrier sells the devices. They do not promise the customers that they will support or give updates out. That promise comes from the manufactere which is LG in this case. Coming from someone that has knowledge & knows how updates works yes i am upset its taking this long but see the whole picture as well,not just half of it. LG has as much blame in this as Rogers does. LG can do something to push out the update them selfs instead of either waiting or something. We also do not know what is going on. So we can not just blame one person because we are upset. Also remember this, just because the states does something, does not mean everyone else has to follow. The updates are handled differently in every country. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix is all about the "it's only an update" and to be patient. We all pay an arm and a leg for our products and overpriced monthly bills to get no support from Rogers. You won't see it til the g4 comes out just like the note edge won't see it until the note 5 comes out. Rogers way of bending us over. Terrible company. 10 years strong with them and I'm done with this company and Samsung.