LG G Flex 2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

LG G Flex 2

Also anyone here of when the new LG G Flex 2 is being released in Canada, no sign of it anywhere, last year our LG G Flex phones were out by April 3.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LG G Flex 2

Hello transferman

LG Canada has not released that it will carrry the LG Flex 2 in Canada or not. Nothing from them or any Canadian carrier at the moment. I would contact LG Canada & see what they say but it won't be much sadly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello transferman

LG Canada has not released that it will carrry the LG Flex 2 in Canada or not. Nothing from them or any Canadian carrier at the moment. I would contact LG Canada & see what they say but it won't be much sadly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Wow, here it is mid may and still no LG F Flex 2. I think us canadians are getting ripped off  If anyone knows when its coming out, please share, cant find any info on it, have checked with the LG rep, they have no idea.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @transferman

LG and the carriers won't make any comments until they come to a agreement to sell it. Until then, no one has any information.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

With all the issues that device has I am not sure why anyone would buy it to be honest. G4 should be a better option for many reasons only issue is that LG likes to lock the boot loader on devices which for some is a deal breaker.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jlannen

While the G Flex 2 does have issues, it does not stop customers from buying it. Also the G4 does have some issues as well from early reviews from what i have read online. All devices prototype or even sold have some type of issues with the first or second batch. LG does tend to lock the bootloader as they have agreements with the carriers do it. That was one of the requirements from what i have heard. It could also be that LG does not want its customers adding other ROM's & unlocking the bootloader too.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The 808 is as much untested as the 810 was/is. Time will tell if it is an improvement or not.
Myself personally I will never spend my money on any device I cannot modify as I wish. I will stick with my note 4 and nexus 6 no boot loader workarounds needed!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jlannenmy

To me personally I don't care about rooting or modifying the device as to me it doesn't do anything other then changing the device ROM and look of the software. That's all. Others i personally know like to modify their phones so they stick to Sony, Motorola and Samsung.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was looking forward to this device as well. I did contact LG and received no response from them what so ever. I will be getting the G4 when it comes out. I'm also pretty sure, like the G3, the ability to unlock the bootloader and modify will come. Might be a bit of a hassle to do it but not that bad. Definitely no worse the the HTC.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sherryl12345

It seems like LG didn't want to market the device in Canada. Shame as its a nice device