LG Eve Android update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: LG Eve Android update

I've got 2.2 running. Openetna rocks!

I'm Here A Lot

I loaded OpenEtna 2.2 and it rocks on the Eve! Way better game performance and of course the UI is great. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Can anyone from Rogers chime in on the progress on the availability of this update?

I have contated customer service to only get a reply that in two parts said to the effect "I will do everthing I can to get this resolved" and in the next scripted sentance "we cannot provide information on updates that are not released".

After having a cookie dangled over your head for 8-9 months about an elusive update,that appears that will possibly never see the light of day to the end users of this device, is officially even more out of date than the device itself than the day it was purchased.

Making matters worse, is visiting a local big box and continually avoiding the Cellular section knowing that less than one year after purchase, that the current roster of Smartphones make the device ,that I appear to be stuck with for another year, look like like a Chevette amongst Corvettes.

I am not interested(yet) in running updates to this phone that could possibly brick the phone and make matters worse, like others do suggest in this thread. I, like others are looking for for a real answer.

As a "valued" customer, Rogers could you please provide an answer to this question?

When will this update be released?

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi davidcarr98,

The 1.6 update for the LG Eve is coming soon, thanks for your patience. 

🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for replying, but "soon" is not the answer I was hoping to hear. Call me pessimistic but summer is coming soon as well....

Can you give more of a definitive date?
I've Been Here Awhile

BUMP!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

I got a response from Rogers saying:  We released 1.6 on November 23rd 2010. Please see the below for instructions.

So I downloaded the updater thing from LG it all seemed to work then my phone took awhile to turn on so I figured it was installing the new OS and when it came back on it was still 1.5. WTF?

I've Been Here Awhile

Just to make sure I went and ran the mobile support tool again and it sasid my phone is up to date yet it is still 1.5.  What is going on here. So dissapointed in this whole process from the countless delays to the general confusion Rogers support staff seems to be having.

I've Been Here Awhile

bump

I've Been Here Awhile

i sent my phone into rogers for repair and they said they upgraded sw but firmware is still at 1.5. I think they meant software version which is at v10f (not sure what is was before)..still waiting for 1.6 upgrade