LG-E410B problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

LG-E410B problem

I just upgraded my PayGo from a Nokia 2610 to an LG-E410B. This is just an $80 phone and comes in a "lunchbox", likely intended for well-to-do parents to give to their little kids. The main reason for upgrading was to have a phone that will take pictures and access my wifi at home. Before I got it, I asked the wonan in the Rogers store whether I could migrate all my contacts and phone numbers from the old phone to the new one and she assured me they're on the SIM card and I'll have all that when I put put it in the new phone. Well, when I got the LG up and running, I checked and none of my contacts were there. I even powered up the old Nokia phone without the SIM card to see if the contacts were in the phone memory instead, but it told me I needed the SIM card to see the names.

So what gives? Isn't there a standard for SIM cards? Why can't the LG see my contacts? Do I really have to revert to the Nokia and manually write down all my contacts, like 100 of them, and then move theSIM card back to the LG and manually enter them all? What century is this?

***Edited Labels.***

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: LG-E410B problem

Your contacts may be stored on the Nokia and not the SIM, so you might need to copy them from the phone to the SIM (should be an option to do that on the phone).  Then you can pop the SIM back into the LG and go from there.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Your contacts may be stored on the Nokia and not the SIM, so you might need to copy them from the phone to the SIM (should be an option to do that on the phone).  Then you can pop the SIM back into the LG and go from there.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, that was it. My contacts on the Nokia were saved on the phone, not the SIM. Marking them all and moving them to the SIM worked. Now I have them all available on the LG..

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

thank you i had the same problem now everything is ok