KitKat Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: KitKat Upgrade

Hello mizz_tia23 

No word on when it will come out yet. 

Durghan
I've Been Here Awhile

Turns out a friend downloaded and installed 4.4.2 yesterday.  I'm downloading now...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Durghan 

Are u sure it was for the Note 2? I got it for my Note 3.. 

Durghan
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh sorry, didn't realize the note 2 was the question...no, these were for the Galaxy S4...For which I received ZERO notification from Rogers that it was available...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Durghan 

Each city / region will get it at a different time.  That's how the updates work unless its a Apple one or Nexus update. 

fysty-1
I Plan to Stick Around

I saw( 2 days ago) on Google that it was available for Aple & Nexus only, but it has been out for awhile.  I don't know what awhile is but what is frustrating is that I just got the Samsung Mega about 6 weeks ago & it only has JB.  I checked for the latest upgrade  (also 2 days ago), & was told I have the latest.  Now I read above that it is available for the S4.  Why one Samsung & not another of the same or newer age (release).

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello fysty -1

The Mega yes came out after the S4 but Samsung wants to update the S4 and Note 3 before the Mega. Also it seems that it may come out within the next couple of weeks. Rumor has it.
fysty-1
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks so much my dear MM.  Just have to be patient I s'pose.  Cheers Angela

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello fysty-1

You are welcome!. I am sure it will come soon:)
Canuck604
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there anyway to undo this upgrade without doing a factory reset? Not a fan of this at all. Sometimes have to press the wake button multiple times for it to finally wake up. And can't hide these useless apps on there anymore either. Boourns