cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KitKat Upgrade

christirmt
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, I know it's old but I like it, and Kies will not let me upgrade to KitKat.  I get a message that says if I have used Kies to upgrade to JellyBean Baseband MA7 I need to cancel the upgrade to KitKat.

Any suggestions on how I can upgrade?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: KitKat Upgrade

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello christirmt

Sadly Samsung will NOT be releasing the Kit Kat update to the S2. So the update u want, u would get it sadly. Are you sure that is what the message said? The S2 is pretty old and even Samsung confirmed the S2 will not be getting 4.4 Kit Kat update.

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello christirmt

Sadly Samsung will NOT be releasing the Kit Kat update to the S2. So the update u want, u would get it sadly. Are you sure that is what the message said? The S2 is pretty old and even Samsung confirmed the S2 will not be getting 4.4 Kit Kat update.

View solution in original post

christirmt
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your help.  Yes, the message was quite clear, if I had already updated via Kies to Jellybean MA7 I would have to cancel the update.  I guess I will just have to look at a new phone if this one is getting obsolete.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello christirmt

Samsung will never ever release the Kit-Kat 4.4 update for the S2. The phone will not be getting that update. Sadly you must of got another update thinking its the 4.4 one but its not.

Either way yes it the phone isn't working properly & has issues, i would suggest replacing it.!

tobesedated2
I Plan to Stick Around
If i understand correctly from different articles in various places, the device cutoff age for KitKat is 18 months....anything older will not receive the update