Kindle Paperwhite Promotion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Kindle Paperwhite Promotion

Hello kingofcanada

Just because you signed up on May 15th, does not mean you will get it. It says " Your submission has been reviewed and we are unable to validate your data for this offer.� Our records indicate that your account activation occurred outside the promotional dates as per the terms and conditions you are not eligible for this reward. ". It could well be the plan you picked & even tho you signed up on the last day, most of the times it will not go threw as the computer will look at it a few days later.

If there is a number, contact the promotions team & speak to them. They will be able to give you the proper info on what is going on. If they can not offer you the free kindle, they will NOT cancel the contract for free. You will need to pay the device balance left on the phone. You signed the contract so you have to stay or pay to leave. The Kindle is just a offer.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

(Note: My last plan had too many issues as it was a 1 year plan with a free phone. When i upgraded my phone it was a very long and difficult process as there was a random 325$ upgrade fee which wasn’t supposed to be there in the first place and confused the rogers loyalty department every time I called them. When I called for the 3rd time when I was upgrading my plan the lady at the loyalty department understood my situation and realized why there was a incorrect fee of 325$ and she said it will be waived in the next 2 months. This is just to show the confusion I face)

Heres the story, 
I Recently upgraded my galaxy s4 about a month ago. One of the reasons I upgraded was because of the free kindle promotion and 35$ google play gift card. I upgraded my phone through the loyalty department and I asked them straight up if I would be eligible for the kindle promotion. The lady said yes 100% you'll be eligible. She also wrote down on my file and gave me a reference number saying that I will be eligible If anything were to happen in the future. I was happy at this point. I got a decent deal with a good phone and a free kindle & gift card! Now after I submitted my application for the kindle it was about 2 days before the kindle promotion expired. Around may 11th or 12th. I was in the clear. Now about 2 weeks later (Today)  I check my status and it says "Your submission has been reviewed and we are unable to validate your data for this offer.
Our records indicate that your account activation occurred outside the promotional dates as per the terms and conditions you are not eligible for this reward." So now I call Rogers promotions and they said that I am not eligible because this promotion is only offered to new customers or existing customers who start a new line. (The kindle terms say: Offer only available from participating Rogers locations from April 1, 2013 - May 15, 2013 or while quantities last to new and existing customers who purchase a new smartphone and activate a new line on an eligible 3-yr talk, text and internet plan. )Technically my phone was a new line, I got a brand new GS4 and a new more expensive 60$ plan. It’s just the same number. The lady at the promotions department said there is nothing she can do and says bye. Now I feel really cheated by Rogers. I have been awaiting the kindle for a while now. The lady at the promotions department couldn't even look at the reference number I was given since they don’t look at the rogers customer files. So now basically I am in a 3 year term and I get no promotions at all even though I was promised it. I’m not sure what to do as I don’t want to let this issue to slide. (Also if this helps, about a week before this day, the 35$ gift card promotion was also ineligible for me since the GS4 IMEI doesn’t match with rogers records!! I call rogers promotions for that too and they just said they don’t know why this happened and re-submitted the gift card promo application.)

Is it just me or are there too many issues with my account! Is there anything rogers can do for me! Because I am just sick and tired of all these issues!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A new line, means a new number.. upgrading a new phone/plan, does not qualify... according to the 'fine print'.

This has been a MAJOR problem for the whole promotion.. that the majority of the support people NOT understanding WHAT counted and what did not... and has lead to MANY people in your exact situation.... is it THAT hard for people there to understand ALL the deails of their own promotions.

Best i can sugest to you.. is call back, and get either a new or the old ticket number from the call.. and also get a managers name.
From here, you can escalate it through the complaint system, to the office of the president, etc.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MANSUR

I am sorry to hear about this BUT the Kindle promotion is ONLY if you OPEN a NEW line. Now upgrade. If you upgrade, you are NOT eligible for the Kindle offer. Sadly the reps are NOT aware of this or know & rather not say.

This promotion says " who purchase a new smartphone and activate a new line on an eligible 3-yr talk, text and internet plan. " It says who activate a new line, not update. Upgrades are not eligible.

This is why you never got the promotion. The submission will just be not valid & closed as the line is not new but you did a upgrade. The head office & promotions team look at the account & look when you opened the line & all.

As for the notes on the account. The Promotions team are NOT allowed to see notes on your account as they are a different department. Thus they can not read the notes.

\

@ GDkitty

Even if they go threw the office of the president, they will not get the Kindle sadly. All they will get is a small discount or a " We are Sorry". Nothing else. I would suggest tho what GDkitty said & contact a manager & get the interaction numbers. Contact the Office of the president & see what will happen. Do not get your hopes up for a kindle tho as you most likely will not get it.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry, you are correct Meowmix, should have been more clearer in my explanation.

Follow through with the complaint.

You might or might not get the the promotional item.. that is really up to THEM to descide on a case by case basis, based on what has happened, etc. (I think we did have someone who DID get the xbox after going through the presidents office, but only heard of the ONE)

They are the best bet, to get SOMETHING at least as a form of compensation, etc.

Good luck Mansur!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well that would also mean that even for the 35$ voucher giftcard I also wont be eligible for that either since that also states a new activation for exisiting customers. Thats quite a scam really!

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am actually really dissapointed on rogers part. I am probably going to end up canceling my entire plan its possible. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

90% of the time.. any PROMOTIONS, are for new customers (or at least, new lines).  Just as a heads up/warning (and this goes, for ALL the other providers as well.)

Only time not, i would say, is SOMETIMES plans, you can get promo plans, which are available to all (say like right now, the $70 plan has an extra gig when you change/add it this month... prior to that, was only 1g.. you can switch to that plan as an extisting customer no issues).

Best bet otherwise, is to talk to customer relations/retentions.  While they cant offer you the same promos as new customers, they sometimes can offer other things, other discounts, etc.  (regular sales reps and even managers dont have access to these).

Again, good luck.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello MANSUR

The Google Play $35 gift card is for anyone that does a upgrade or a new activation. This was said many times on their page that is up as well. The Kindle offer is a different offer with different rules / policies.

This is not a scam at all. This is what Rogers & the manufacturers choice to do. They both make the rules & policies for the promotions.

You can cancel your account if you like but you will need to pay off the remaining balance of the phone that is left. Its called the Flextab.

Like GDkitty & me said, contact Rogers & speak to a Manager or Rogers retentions. See if they can offer you a discount or something similar for your plan if you wish to stay. Its sad that reps have no clue of anything yet they open their mouths & say things they do not know.

I hope this gets resolved & you get something out of it!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah thanks for the help, I'll see what I can do. Seems like a lost cause though since I just dont have enough time to call them up and complain.

Really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I called them and talked to promotions. The guy on the phone was reasonable, and said he had not come across this situation yet. They are looking into it. that being said, I can't see me not getting the Kindle. I met all criteria, with the exception of Rogers taking 2 days to process my order online. It's all legit. I have all of the emails and confirmatinos that my order was received, etc.....