Kindle Paperwhite Promotion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Kindle Paperwhite Promotion

Hello KingofCanada

Once head office reviews it, they will check into everything in the account. Once they see everything is fine, they will reverse the say and ship you one within 6-8 weeks if not sooner. Hopefully it does get resolved for u!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I called back tonight, and they shot me down. I'm really unhappy. Brand new customer, and ready to walk already. I think I;m going to buy out my contract and go to Eastlink.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kingofcanada

That means head office saw something on the account & decided that they will not honor it & you will not get it. I am really sorry to hear this. You are not alone, believe me.

Yea i would do the same if i was in your spot.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm really fed up.

Nowhere when we upgraded our phones did they tell us it had to be new phones.

When we entered them into the rogers center on April 27th they were accepted and still showing as pending.

I just got off the phone with the Kindle support (1-866-828-3177) and this is the first time I'm hearing that they have to approve our submission. It's been 12 weeks. I think this is really poor customer service on behalf of Rogers. We pay over $800 a month between 5 phones, cable and internet and now they want to charge me $149 for kindles?? How is this not false advertising. I've asked to be supplied the documents I signed to show someone made me aware of this clause and nothing can be provided. I've called in every Friday for the last month and today they say we're not eligable.

Once again Rogers proves what **bleep** crooks they are. Sadly it will cost me way too much to break my contracts and walk away at this point or I would.

Sick of their false promises.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello madrye

The reps at times may not say it or not even know the policy for the promotions. This is why when you apply for the promotion online, you read the Rules & policies for it.

Actaully many times like i posted on here, it showed it on the website & on the small print on the posters for NEW ACTIVATIONS ONLY. No upgrades will work. This is not false information at all from the company.

If you think this is false information. Contact the office of the president & file a complaint. See what they say. They may be able to fix this BUT not give you a Kindle as they fine print did say " New activation only" As you can see on the other pages as i posted this.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well, I placed a complaint with the CCTS on Sunday. Rogers called me today and are shipping out my Kindle. I'm very happy. :0)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kingofcanada

That is good to hear!!. In your situation it was different compared to the others. I am glad tho you got it!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Orginally, I was denied the promotion after I upgrade my phone.
But I just got an email today 
When I logged in, the status was updated with

"The Rogers Promotions Centre confirms your submission has met all eligibility requirements and is ready to be shipped."

I am guessing after all the complains they are finally giving it out to us exisiting customer who upgraded?

Just wondering if anyone else got this email..

here's the email msg.

Dear xxxxx, Thank you for your interest in our recent Kindle offer.

Although you are not eligible for the Kindle as you did not activate a new wireless line, as a valued Rogers customer we are extending this offer to you.

We appreciate your business and hope that you enjoy your new Kindle e-reader.