Kindle Paperwhite Promotion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Kindle Paperwhite Promotion

I upgraded my son's phone to a Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB on 2013-04-07. The sales rep at the Rogers booth I did the upgrade at said this promotion was only for new customers. When I got home I looked at the Rogers site and it said new and existing customers. I filled out the submission for the offer the message back was

"The Rogers Promotions Centre confirms your submission has been received. Please allow 5 business days to validate your new activation on an eligible plan. Your submission status will be updated here and is available for you to track by returning to this site at anytime. Please continue to check for updates anytime by visiting www.rogerspromotions.com/kindle"

Any Idea why this would take so long to be confirmed? Or is everyone still waiting for confirmation?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Kindle Paperwhite Promotion

Hello Eviltoast

You will need to wait almost 2 months to get the tablet in your hands. You should get it 6-8 weeks after sending it the online submission. You will not get it earlier then that tho.

Found this in the site

Offer only available from participating Rogers locations from April 1, 2013 - April 30, 2013 or while quantities last to new and existing customers who purchase a new smartphone and activate a new line on an eligible 3-yr talk, text and internet plan (single line with min. $55 monthly service fee or add a line to any family plan with min. $110 monthly service fee for first two lines). Customers must also complete online submission form at www.rogerspromotions.com/kindle by May 30, 2013.

Allow 6-8 weeks from online submission for delivery. Device Savings Recovery Fee, Service Deactivation Fee and/or Early Cancellation Fees (as applicable) will apply. Customers who cancel eligible line(s) within 15 days of activation in accordance with terms of Rogers Wireless Service Agreement rendering such customer no longer eligible will not be shipped the Kindle. Offer subject to change without notice, not redeemable for cash and may not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit one Kindle per new line. See www.rogerspromotions.com/kindle for full terms and conditions.

In the event the Kindle Paperwhite 3G e-Reader is defective, please refer to the manufacturer’s warranty. Notwithstanding any other Rogers materials, any defective Rogers defective device exchange policy offered by Rogers does not apply to the Kindle Paperwhite 3G e-Reader

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Meowmix

I understand the 6 to 8 weeks to get the Kindle in my hands.

What I was wondering more was about this, Allow 5 business days to validate your new activation on an eligible plan. How do I know if it a eligible plan? Or just a surprise I get a Kindle in a 6 to 8 weeks or not.  Smiley Surprised

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Eviltoast

It does take them around 5 business days to check the account out & see if the account plan & such is eligible. This is most likely because of the many accounts they need to check. They most likely will either email you a notice OR when you log into the site to see the status, it will tell you there.

If none of the above, i would wait for 6-8 weeks & see if you receive it. You can always call Rogers & ask them to transfer you to the promotions team. They will let you know the status & all.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Eviltoast

That would be the best thing to do!. You are welcomeSmiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi there. I was interested in the Kindle promotion, since I don't have a smartphone currently and am eligible for my no charge upgrade. However the person in the store said it was for new customers only, but I went home to double check the website and there is something on the promotion page that gives instructions to upgrade. I did try reading the fine print and saw that to be eligible your plan must be $55 per month or more, which isn't a problem. So I was wondering if anyone knew for sure if this promotion is available for upgrades too before I go ahead and do it. Thanks all!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Keroberous

If you are a existing Rogers customer, you must open a new line like it says underneath for you to be eligible. Upgrades do not work for offers like this.

The Free Kindle Paperwhite 3G e-Reader Offer Terms & Conditions

Offer only available from participating Rogers locations from April 1, 2013 - April 30, 2013 or while quantities last to new and existing customers who purchase a new smartphone and activate a new line on an eligible 3-yr talk, text and internet plan (single line with min. $55 monthly service fee or add a line to any family plan with min. $110 monthly service fee for first two lines). Customers must also complete online submission form at www.rogerspromotions.com/kindle by May 30, 2013.

Allow 6-8 weeks from online submission for delivery. Device Savings Recovery Fee, Service Deactivation Fee and/or Early Cancellation Fees (as applicable) will apply. Customers who cancel eligible line(s) within 15 days of activation in accordance with terms of Rogers Wireless Service Agreement rendering such customer no longer eligible will not be shipped the Kindle. Offer subject to change without notice, not redeemable for cash and may not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit one Kindle per new line. See www.rogerspromotions.com/kindle for full terms and conditions.

https://www.rogerspromotions.com/kindle/terms.php

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Why are there never any promotions or cool gifts for those of us who have been with rogers for a decade or more?  I have been with Rogers for about  16 years now, never got any kind of gift from them.  When do they reward their faithful customers?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rye_encoke

Actually a few months back they did send out a emails with a few gifts like free Rogers on Demand movies ( 3) . $25 shopping channel gift card & such. This was a offer sent by mail & email. You had to go on a Rogers website to get them. It was posted on here as well.

The promotions you see right now are ONLY for new customers. This way they can get more customers as we say. Also they do give us gifts like discounts on our bills & such if you call in & complain or call in & just tell them you want something better. While they do not give free tablets & such, they may give you something.

Every single carrier does this. Promotions like this are only made for new customers so they can get more customers locked in. Existing customers already had their chance when they signed up. I do agree we get the end stick but this is something most carriers do.