Keep needing to reboot CGN3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Keep needing to reboot CGN3

I've actually had no issues with my modem since the upgrade - The one time I did lose internet connection, I released and reacquired an IP on my router, and it fixed the problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've also had no issues with the internet since upgrading the firmware. I had it in gateway mode until it was updated and then immediately switched to bridge. Has been fine eversince. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in Toronto, and experienced the same twice-daily reboot while device was in bridged mode.  My speeds were about 190 Mb down and 20 Mb up in Bridged Mode.  Recently I reverted back to the older Wifi modem which is very stable in bridged mode and I get 180 Mb down and 10 Mb up. 

Any recent updates on the CGN3? Does it provide full speeds in Bridged mode and is it stable as of 3/16/2014 in the Toronto area with 4.3.4.3?

Thank you

I Plan to Stick Around

I've been running my CGN3 is bridge mode since I was updated a week or so ago. Have had no issues with it. I'm in Toronto and just ran a speed test. I got 287.4 down and 18.5 up, so it seems to be working well.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@benadiba

One thing to take note is your router your using.
Many don't have full gigabit on the wan port, so won't usually get higher than 150-180ish

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Guys.

Just swapped out my modem, now on the CGN3.

It came pre-loaded with 4.1.4.5 - so I guess I have to wait for the upgrade to come down.

I called Rogers tech support, and they have a record of the CGN3 performance issues in their internal bulliten system, and said the approach on their end to resolve is to send a maintenance ticket to the correct department for a 48 hour turnaround time to resolve the issue. I assume this means that they will push the updated firmware down to my modem as a result of the maintenance ticket.

Will post back once my modem is upgraded to 4.2.4.3.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty

Im using a SonicWALL TZ 205 which does 500 Mb of SPI throughput. So shouldnt be an issue with my router.

Cheers,

I Plan to Stick Around

Latest Update:

As of 3/17, 12:07am, my modem is online but still running 4.1.4.5.

Hopefully the update will be pushed soon.  Will post back tomorrow night an update. Hopefully upgrade will be in by then.

I Plan to Stick Around

As of the time of writing this post, still no firmware upgrade.

I called in again to Tech support and they noted that to force the upgrade you simply factory reset the modem. I performed a factory reset via the Factory Reset button in the Web management UI but this did not initiate an upgrade, even though Tech Support confirmed that the upgrades are automatic and always happen upon a factory reset.

The Tech then said my modem was defective and asked me to go and swap it out, which I did.  Upon factory resetting that modem, it still has not upgraded to 4.2 from 4.1.4.5.

Rogers Tech support is opening another ticket with the maintenance team to hopefully upgrade the modem to the latest firmware.

Rogers Did call me today regarding the maint ticket i opened last night. They fixed that issue, and my speeds are much faster, up to 200 Mb down now, but still no updated firmware.

I Plan to Stick Around

Firmware upgraded!

10 03/19/14 08:56:33 69010100 notice SW Download INIT - Via NMS

11 03/19/14 09:06:45 69011100 notice SW download Successful - Via NMS

I am now on the 4.2.4.3 Firmware.

I suppose that the 2nd maintenance ticket opened on the issue of Bridged mode stability caused their backend team to push the firmware to my modem. Thanks Rogers and everyone else on the forums for providing the info needed to make this happen!