Keep needing to reboot CGN3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Keep needing to reboot CGN3

My bridge mode CGN3 died again today (two days since the last reset), so I figured it was my opportunity to check the firmware revision. I'm still on 4.2.4.1, so I guess it's good news that the internet isn't dying on the new firmware. Anyone in Toronto on 4.2.4.3?

I Plan to Stick Around

Just me - In leaside...I think I'm the only one in the world with the new firmware...
I'm Here A Lot

03/05/14 09:11:31 69011100 notice

SW download Successful - Via NMS

SW Version 4.2.4.3

Waterloo, ON

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm also happy to report that my CGN3 is now on 4.2.4.3. Put it into gateway mode last night and left it while I was out for the evening. Came home to find it updated. Hope this solves all the problems!

I Plan to Stick Around

So mine updated also, Markham, ON.

However, bridge mode won't give me full speeds, gateway mode with my routers in access point mode, do however, give me full speeds.

Anyone know why, with the current firmware?

I've Been Here Awhile

Same here in Oshawa. Firmware upgraded. Full speeds (320 Mbps down!) only in Gateway mode. I just changed my wifi network put my Airport Extreme into bridge mode (print server & network drives)  - while the CGN3 handles the wifi. Its a change - but stable and crazy fast... thanks for the help here.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I got my update as well. Nice to be in bridge mode again.

Now to contact SamKnows support about these numbers I'm seeing.

I've Been Here Awhile

SW 4.2.4.3 also now available in Brooklin.  Advanced Modem is now back in Bridged Mode with my Airport Extreme handling everything.  I'll post back in a week, whether the new firmware is stable - not requiring reboots of the modem every few days.

Download speed 310MB/s and Upload 21MB/s at this time.

I Plan to Stick Around

Since yesterday 13/03/2014 I keep having to power cycle my modem for the internet to work.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I've Been Here Awhile

Well, its been a week and unfortunately the newest firmware doesn't appear to solve this issue.  At least for me.  It does appear "more" stable, but I did have to cycle my modem once this week.

I'd be curious to know how everyone else is fairing in "bridge mode" with the latest firmware.