Keep needing to reboot CGN3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Keep needing to reboot CGN3

That's going to change as soon is my review is published 😉

L.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I do see that 4 people rated it 1 star out of 5 but they didn't actually write a review or reason for their low rating.... 🙂  

Too bad they didn't have a stable 'modem only' version of this router for a reasonable price, would have purchased it by now.

Glad I read this forum as I was thinking of buying the CGN3 at one point.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers does not have a stable modem version of anything available. Purchasing any kind of equipment right now from Roger is a total waste of money as nothing they provide anymore is reliable!

I Plan to Stick Around

I attempted to write a full review of the CGN3 and was met by an unknown error. Repeatable on different computers and browsers.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to write a review successfully. Maybe Future Shop's webserver runs off Rogers' CGN3. LOL

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Is anyone having even more frequent issues with the CGN3? I am away from home now and my internet has been up and down for the last 40 hrs, despite all of my counter measures like having the modem reboot at 650 very morning. And a friend of mine is also seeing the modem go down about once an hour. We are both in bridge mode.
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it's time to swap it again.
I Plan to Stick Around

so Internet stopped working, went to reset CGN3, router and pap2, afrer reboot, still no connection.

called in, tech suport says they cant see anything connected to lan 1 port, so i moved to lan 2 port, and connection, while on the phone, moved back to lan 1, and nothing, no activity or connection.

So, 2 day old CGN3, looks like Lan 1 is burnt out, Lan 2 gives me a speed lower, at 80 Mbps.

I've Been Here Awhile

So I am supposed to pick up a Hitron CGN3 tomorrow. I use an Airport Extreme for wireless/print server, etc - from what I'm reading it seems like I should stick with my CISCO DPC3825. Can I use the CISCO with the ULTIMATE 250/20 plan? (Sales said I needed to upgrade - but I dont know - I can get +200Mbps Down with my 'old' Ultimate plan with the 250GB limit).

Thoughts?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I use a 3825 as well, and as interested as I might be in higher speeds, I value reliability. Since I use a separate router for my wireless, I can ignore the poor wireless performance of the 3825 or any other Rogers devices. The question you have to ask yourself is whether or not the present problems with the CGN3 are worth the aggravation that you will experience with it. Personally I'd wait until the firmware issues are completely resolved and testing by the various people in this thread proves successful. That is of course assuming that the current issues can be resolved with this particular device. Fwiw.......