Keep needing to reboot CGN3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Keep needing to reboot CGN3

from Hitron log SW download Successful - Via NMS 02/07/14 03:22:36

I Plan to Stick Around

Will my CGN3 update itself if it's currently in bridge mode? Should I switch it back to a gateway to check the firmware version and then put it back into bridge?

I Plan to Stick Around

It should update itself; I think once it updates, you are kicked back into gateway mode.

Mrbrimi, how are you running your device? Bridged mode or gateway?
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm using gateway.
I'm Here A Lot

02/09/14 08:37:04 69011100 notice SW download Successful - Via NMS

HW Version 1A SW Version 4.2.4.2

I'm Here A Lot

Upgraded this morning and now downgraded this evening.

02/10/14 02:18:08 69011100 notice SW download Successful - Via NMS HW Version 1A SW Version 4.2.4.1

I've Been Around

Same thing here.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nobody at Rogers knows anything about the firmware upgrade (thus, downgrade) - So, noone can explain what the change was, nor why it was reverted. Either way, I talked to CAT again - No update yet, other than they are having an "internal meeting" about the situation. I don't know what that means. It can mean next steps, or it could be water coolder talk.

Stay tuned.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ii have tried to not be too critical here but if nobody at Rogers knows anything about the upgrade that means they are either lying, incompetent or both. Are they implying that someone is doing "rogue upgrades" of the gateway firmware? That is even scarier that using a device with major faults.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think the bigest problems lies in...

A ) Not proper/not technicaly trained enough techs... most of the techs, help by answering scripts on the screen.. have no real technical background.

B ) There is a BIG seperation between tech support... and the engineering, or whoever does the actual work, firmware, etc on these units.... INFORMATION just doesnt travel between them... either problems TO engineering, or communication of what is being worked on FROM them.

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats