I only pay $10 for unlimited - If you have home phone, cable, and internet, it should only be $10. If you have one or two of those, it's $30.
Sounds like you had a pretty busy day with Rogers! So if I understand correctly, you have an $8 modem now, with ultimate? That should get you 150/10, and you will end up with a CGN2 or Cisco DOCSIS 3.0 modem. I believe those are in fact the only modems aside from the CGN3 that are capable of that speed.
Part of the reason for your hardship is most likely the fact that your ultimate plan is an older ultimate; you probably got it when it's 50/2 or 75/3. Those plans don't exist anymore, so when they made the change to your account, the compatibility of the modems changed accordingly. That's why you're only paying $105.99 and not $129.99, the price of the new ultimate.
Best thing to do now, is go pick up the new modem, and enjoy the speed boost, and when we get this CGN3 stuff figured out, you can change it up again.
- So you pay $10 for unlimited with the 'new' Ultimate at $129.99 (plus the Hitron modem) ? That is what I would want, although with the 1GB cap I don't think I would exceed that anytime soon.
Right now the 'Summary Usage' section of MyRogers shows unlimited - in green, but when I go into Usage details, it shows that I am over - in red and overgage charge??
- Yes I had a frustrating day with Rogers. I don't actually have the $8 modem yet...But my account in the Rogers system now has Ultimate with the $8 modem as that is the only way they could switch me back to Ultimate in their system. But still having the old modem I can't get more than the Extreme 50/3 speeds/////before my calls to Rogers my account had the $7 modem with old Ulitmate and I was getting ~130/2 instead of the advertised 150/10 and I was ok with that. So maybe tomorrow night or later this week I will pickup the $8 modem and expect/hope to get the 150/10 speeds.
- Yup my hardship is due to the 'older' Ultimate pkg and older modem. I was getting a decent discount, they stopped chagring me rental for the $7 modem when I complained last year. Other Discounts coming to an end so that is why I initially called, that and to confirm I had unlimited...which I suprsingly didn't. Not happy that I will now have to pay modem rental. I'd buy the CGN3 if it was stable just to avoid the $12+tax monthly rental...even though overpriced imo, especially since I will only use bridge mode.
Anyway that is the plan, $8 modem this week.....then once Larry, Wayne, Rahim and Hitron get the CGN3 issue resolved I will upgrade to that and the new Ultimate.
Thanks for confirming that you have $10 unlimited, I thought girl today was wrong at $30, girl yesterday said you can't get unlimited with the new Ultimate. Don't know what to think....the deal you get may just depend on who works on your account.
Here is the landing page for the Rogers unlimited offer if you get stifled by the phone reps again.
As for updates with regards to the CGN3, I don't have any! I'll check back again with @rogershelps on Monday if I don't hear anything from them this week.
Thx Larry, THe landing page link didn't appear in your post. I should be able to find it.
You had to click the word "Here" on my post. 😉
Anyhow, I can probably help you out, but take this to a PM and keep the thread on topic. Thanks!
If you are also having these same issues, please be proactive and let Rogers know about it. The fastest way this is going get fixed is if Rogers sees that it affects a lot of people. The best way for them to do that is through first hand accounts of their customers.
I found a vey good way to get in touch with the is through twitter @rogershelps. Please shoot them a line and make sure they know you have problems.
Hello everyone, as promised I am updating as I get information. The following is just a post from DSL reports from a technician in a similar thread as this. Despite no update directly from Rogers, this is a very good sign of progress:
"Don't know who got it there, but this is now a known issue. It got added to the original known issue with this modem.
Rogers is aware, which means Hitron is involved to figure out the "why" and once they do the question is a matter of "when" the fix comes... not sure if it was my emails, Rahims excellent TSR support. But you can be certain it was YOUR troubleshooting, persistence and phone calls that got it looked into.
Pat yourselves on the back." ~crpnot4me
So there you have it. Progress. 🙂
One more update for you guys! Here's what I was waiting for -
Rahim called me this afternoon - He's tested the CGN3, as I've previoiusly posted, and he's also tested the SMC, CGN2 and the Cisco parts in comparison.
He has confirmed that all of the other parts performed adequeately, EXCEPT the CGN3, which he has experienced the following first hand:
1) High ping times between local devices to LAN interface on CGN3
2) CGN3 crashing after some time of operation in BRIDGE MODE
3) CGN3 crash after some time of operation in GATEWAY MODE
This has been escalated to a known issue, and there will be someone who will be contacting (If not, already has contacted) the vendor.
It has also been confirmed that this is not an isolated incident, and the problem affects all CGN3 devices as far as he can tell.
So, officially offical "known issue".
Do I get a job at Rogers yet????