Keep getting signed out of my PSN Account on my PS3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Keep getting signed out of my PSN Account on my PS3

Ok I figured it out and am doing a trace route atm..

Tracing route to rsgames-2.hs.llnwd.net [69.28.157.205]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    79 ms     7 ms     9 ms  INTEL_CE_LINUX [192.168.0.1]
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    24 ms    30 ms    32 ms  INTEL_CE_LINUX [209.148.241.229]
  4    36 ms    19 ms    16 ms  INTEL_CE_LINUX [64.71.241.97]
  5    16 ms    19 ms    29 ms  INTEL_CE_LINUX [209.148.224.242]
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7    50 ms    40 ms    39 ms  ve5.fr3.yyz.llnw.net [69.28.171.141]
  8    42 ms    58 ms    42 ms  tge7-6.fr3.lga.llnw.net [69.28.172.73]
  9    41 ms    69 ms    42 ms  tge2-4.fr3.iad.llnw.net [69.28.171.157]
 10    93 ms    62 ms    53 ms  https-69-28-157-205.iad.llnw.net [69.28.157.205]

Trace complete.

Is there anything I should be worried about showing on here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Punk_Out

Clash of Clans? Im addictedSmiley Very Happy

Interesting, I had some people in the US(Florida) who mentioned they have the same issue as us aswell. Hence my conclusion that Rockstar needs to upgrade the servers or something along those lines seeing as other games are NAT dependant and run well. In the article posted above apparently they released a "stability update" in the month of March.

Also i would suggest looking into connection troubleshooting. I made sure to run some connection tests prior to gaming this weekend so i could rule that out if i ran into any issues.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well according to R*:

Trace Route Information:

To access Trace Route on a Windows NT (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1) based system, Push the Windows Key + * to bring up the Run box, Then type ***cmd* into the field provided in the run box, and press enter or click ok. Once the Command Prompt comes up, type tracert prod.cloud.rockstargames.com and press enter. This will trace route that the packets take to Rockstar’s Game Servers. This will show a maximum of 30 hops that shows every router across the internet that your game data takes, and if any of those routers show a timeout or show more than a 500ms ping before hopping to cdn-68-142-118-4.atl1.llnw.net [68.142.118.4] then it’s your connection. If the last hop times out, Which is 68.142.118.4, then it’s on Rockstar’s CDN.

So apparently it's my conenction....according to this. I don't know anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The first hop to the modem is a little strange, but there are a couple of hops further down that jump up in returned times.  CGN3 - wired to the PS3?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah it's wired, PS3 is not on atm.

I thought I would post this link for others who are trying to trace route R*'s servers:
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/202867576-Here-is-a-little-help-fo...

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Also i would like to add that it appears Trace Routes aren't always the root cause of issues. In the early stages, the assumption was the League of Legends issue was possibly trace route related as their were multiple times out on the route to their server.

I haven't ran a trace route recently but from what i remember even with a modem/firmware that worked on Leagues of Legends the trace route always had timeouts. These timeouts never affected gameplay as the game was running smoothly for me.

It would be something to explore though as you never know because of the complexity of the gaming infrastructure.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@DatalinkYou were asking about UPnP and if it was opening ports for the PS4 and it is but it does not close them after it has disconnected. They will probably stay open until I reboot the modem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi to everyone on this great forum,

I'm sorry for the very late reply, so much going on lately that i haven't had any free time to test and respond in a timely manner, although i have been following closely for any new suggestions or solutions....well i tried your suggestions @Datalink & @RogersAsif, thanks for that, well i put gateway into bridge mode without using a router and am very disappointed to see the same very poor result, extremely slow data transfer through modem, even when being used strictly as a DOCSIS 3.0 which quite honestly i find shocking...i am very tedious and particular with my setup, cabling/wiring in home as well as outside...Everything is as should be on my end, with regards to my own equipment, tech support and a rogers technician have inspected & approve all my hardware/wiring and all signal levels are very good,, etc.

With regards to playstation network, I will disconnect and get signed out on PS3 whether i am online gaming, in campaign/story mode and even while  idle on main/XMB menu...i get a message popup an ethernet cable not connected, then 2 seconds later automatically signs back in...So there is no particular game or time when this happens, its not due to any gaming servers i connect to either...in simple terms, this gateway should NOT have been released and introduced to paying customers yet, only testers to work out all the bugs and limitations on this hardware with regards to Rogers Network...Anyhow moving forward, there is something very restrictive that limits the speeds and data that Rogers provides to these newer CGN3ACSMR gateways, but even in bridge mode??Smiley IndifferentSmiley Frustrated

I really hope this has nothing to do with throttling and traffic shaping, because it sure seems/feels like there is something going on.

Rogers & Hitron please you must fix this ASAP there is way too many unhappy customers with regards to the entire CGN3 series...When this CGN3ACSMR is in use/active these disconnects happen quite regularly on all platforms, including computers, streaming devices, gaming consoles, cell phones on wired/wireless connections...i am a longtime Rogers customer for all my services, but, as soon as i upgraded my internet package from an older package, i was forced to exchange my Cisco DPC3825 gateway, which for me worked flawlessly, to this CGN3ACSMR and this is when this nightmare began...Prior to i never had any issues with high-speed internet or any of Rogers services to be honest, Hitron i hope you release another firmware soon for everyones' sake....i am willing to test and provide feedback....As always i am open to any advice/suggestions, Thank-you@Datalink,@RogersAsif and all contributors and forum members for your time, effort & patience, it is very much appreciated Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi Onyx1222.  Thanks very much for the test and feedback.  So, it looks like the PS3 and the CGN3ACSMR with the firmware update just doesn't mix, no matter if the modem in in Gateway or Bridge mode.  That doesn't leave much else other than swapping for a straight CGN3.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @ONYX1222

Once again, thanks for the feedback we really appreciate it.Smiley Happy

In regards to setups, everyone will have their own opinion. What works for some might not work best for others For example my buddy has the CGN3 in Bridge mode with his 3rd Party Router and he wouldn't change it for anything as that what meets his needs.

An area to explore is the fact that you are getting the "ethernet cable not connected" message. A few people have reported that issue with PS3 and some have had the PS3 swapped as the port was faulty. I fired up my PS3 and connected it to CGN3ACSMR via wireless. I connected to PSN and played one match of Call of Duty. I will test more and see if the issue can be replicated. How long into the gaming session does this happen to you? Also can you test over wireless and post if the results were different.

Could you clarify and provide a little more specifics on "very poor result, extremely slow data transfer through modem"? How were you running your speeds test? wired or wireless? what device? I am on Ignite 250u with the ACSMR and can pull 300+ wired on my Macbook Pro. On my only AC device(iPhone 6) ive pulled 200+ over wireless.

In regards to your statement "Rogers & Hitron please you must fix this ASAP there is way too many unhappy customers with regards to the entire CGN3 series"

You will need to provide a lot more specifics before this can be deemed a firmware/modem issue. We need to gather specfic information to find what needs to be fixed. As of right now I haven't heard of cases where the rocket modem makes PS3 entirely unplayable.

One may presume after a change in setup(new package,new modem) where issues arise that the "new" is causing the issue but in reality there are various possibilities.

If this indeed does relate to modem/firmware when i run my Playstation 3 on the CGN3ACSMR i would experience the same issues. I'll let you know how it goes.

RogersAsif