Keep getting signed out of my PSN Account on my PS3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Keep getting signed out of my PSN Account on my PS3

Being signed out has become a rare thing for me now and I think my problem is gone (for now).

The only issue I noticed is that I get Timed Out of GTA Online when switching from lobby to lobby or quiting out Jobs, but this might be something to do with R*'s servers. My buddy brings his PS4 over all the time and we have no issues playing Elder Scrolls Online (sick game btw;especially if you like Skyrim) and we played GTA Online for a few hours with 0 isssues. Overall things are running the way I want, but for how long.......

Thanks to Datalink, I'm glad you're here on these forums. You honeslty are the most helpful person here, and your knowledge on Networking and modems/routers is spot on. So thanks man, and I hope you're here to help fix people's issues for a long time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi, @Punk_Out thanks for the kind words.  Much appreciated.  I can only hope to be "spot on".  Sometimes I could be right, and I'm sure that sometimes I'm not so right  🙂

Can you remind me, you're running a CGN3 in Gateway mode with a PS3 and a visiting PS4 and you're seeing both consoles run correctly?  Are both connected directly to the CGN3, or is there a router sitting in between?  Just want to make sure I have the configuration correct.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Punk_Out

I noticed the same thing with GTA Online it's kinda spotty sometimes. One night a while back it was really bad and i couldn't even play at all. Went on twitter and seen people having the same exact issue that night. Rockstar Support told me it was my NAT.

Played the next night and things were much better. I usually just try to join again/join another session and it works. I would play COD with no issues so i assumed it was Rockstar Servers.

I havent checked out SkyRim or Elder Scrolls Online yet

RogersAsif

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersAsif what is your modem and PS4 configuration.  Are you running the CGN3ACSMR in Gateway mode with the PS4 directly connected and using port forwarding or a DMZ, or running the modem in Bridge mode with a follow-on router and then the PS4 with port forwarding or a DMZ in the router?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Datalink

My configuration is a little weird but i like itSmiley Happy

I have the CGN3ACSMR in Gateway Mode on my main floor. My PS4 is in my bedroom, and i use a Gigabit Power Line Extender which runs a connection to my Linksys Router(Upstairs) acting as an Access Point in my bedroom.

My PS4 is connected via Ethernet cord to my Linksys Access Point(which is connected to the extender upstairs). To test things out I randomly connect to the CGN3ACSMR via Wireless.

Also i haven't done any port forwarding and im not running in DMZ. I think i may have done some port forwarding for GTA Online at one point, not sure if they are still even in there though.

Reason for all this is I use Remote Play. PlayStation Remote Play is known to be poor when running over wireless so i wanted to get a wired connection to the router without having to run wires and move my PS or Router.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats interesting.  Despite all of the wiring, the fact that you're in Gateway mode is the interesting part, as it appears that you're the only one to have any success in that mode.  So the question is, is there a difference due to the games that are being played, and therefore the game servers which in turn drives the latency issue?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No router attached, CGN3 is my Modem, and the problems I have are on PS3 only. But I must remind you it's only GTA Online for PS3 that I timeout on. I don't have the access to my buddies PS4 long enough to see if I would timeout. Sometimes I'm on my PS3 for 3-4 hours chatting to buddies on my mic who are online (I multi-task like a boss) and then I Timeout. Or I get an Invite to another session and then boom I timeout trying to join. Getting "timed out" is rare at the moment. The R* servers are always busy and they have 50,000+ people online 24/7 (could be hire; I cannot say for sure).

I want to upgrade to a PS4 when I got the cash and then I can see if I get the same Timeout issues but that will be a couple months from now.

I'm not sure if I'm in Gateway mode or not. I have to double check, can you tell me where to find it to make my search a little quicker? Watching UFC and I don't want to miss these fights.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interesting.  From what you are indicating though, it looks like anyone wanting to play on a PS3 is probably better off running a CGN3.  As you say, you still see timeouts, but they are rare enough that a person can put up with them.

If you can log into your modem, navigate to the BASIC....GATEWAY FUNCTION you can see the Residential Gateway Function status.  If its Enabled, you are in Gateway mode.  If its Disabled, your in Bridge mode.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah it's enabled. Same with my UPnP. I cannot remember if I was told to ever try turning it off or not. Never really messed around with it.

On the topic of GTA Online, I really hope for there to be some type of imrpovement to the connection with me to R*'s servers because I host and create alot of DMs and I hate sitting there for 10 to 15 minutes for people to connect. But oh well I deal with it. Making friends with right people has improved hosting DMs but I like playing with randoms and hearing what they think of my maps. I just find it really odd that COD, Boarderlands, and several other multi-player games run so much better. My American buddies say they never have any of the issues I have and when they are hosting my DM Jobs always gets 8+ people and I'm stuck struggling to get 4-6.....And that's my rant on GTA Online....lol.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Datalink Exactly what im wondering. Over the last few years id say the game i play the most online is Call of Duty. I can't remember having any serious issues, but then again im the type of person who would "just try again later" and not think much of it Smiley Tongue

I've been meaning to play my PS4 Online some more and I have alot of games so going to see if i can notice anything.

RogersAsif