Keep getting signed out of my PSN Account on my PS3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Keep getting signed out of my PSN Account on my PS3

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I did some searching after my other post and made a request to get the updated firmware.

I will post here if it fixed my problem or not. I just got to play the waiting game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I have just the CGN3 so I kind of wasted my time PMing for a firmware update. Guess I'm stuck turning off my PS3 and rebooting my modem everytime it happens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know the CGN3 has some NAT issues still... wondering if that is what this is hitting.

in BRIDGED.. they dont seem to be there..

A little different an issue than was effecting the CGN3AC model.... though the latest firmware on the AC seems to reslove many NAT issues as well..

So its possible when they update the firmware on the CGN3 as well.. that it may fix that.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I hope they push out some firmware to fix these issues. I do like playing games online, you can only play the Story Mode of a game so many times.

On a better note, my UPnP has been staying Active continiously for about a week (since I downgraded) but I do get signed out randomly. I wouldn't say it's as bad as before. I'm going to try  switching to the Google DNS on my PS3 if it happens again, see if it does anything.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello to all,

I would like to thank @CommunityHelps for pushing out my request for the latest firmware for the CGN3ACSMR so quickly.
Although my request was for fixing issues with connectivity issues with my PS3 and online gaming which continue to persist in gateway mode. Hopefully Hitron can get things solved in their next firmware release. My psn network an appropriate ports are forwarded on a wired connection with good signal levels on up and downstream as well as good speed to gateway, but, continue to produce latency and poor Data transfer rate coming from gateway as well as regular disconnects while online gaming, from what I've read it's related to the strict NAT and firewall settings that are native to the entire CGN3 Gateway series. Hope the new firmware comes along soon....glad to see LoL gamers are back in the zone and their happy with their online experience.
Great info and excellent support from all mods and contributors on this forum, very nice to see!! 🙂

Regards & thanks for your time
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Would you be interested in kicking the CGN3ACSMR into Bridge mode for an experiment?  I'll pass the comments that you have posted on to the product manager, but I'm curious as to whether or not switching to Bridge mode might help.  Others have reported success switching to Bridge mode with a follow on router, and placing their PS4 in a DMZ.  If you don't have a router but don't want to run your PS3 without the benefit of a firewall for a quick test that is understandable.  I don't recommend running anything without the benefit of a firewall in a modem or router. 

If you are interested in running a quick check, disconnect everything except a pc or laptop, and the PS3.  Log into the modem, navigate to BASIC.....GATEWAY FUNCTION and disable the Residential Gateway Function.  Save the setting and the modem will reboot into Bridge mode.  You can actually turn off the pc or laptop or disconnect it at this point.  After the reboot, the modem will be running in Bridge mode, acting as a modem only without a firewall.  Fire up your PS3 and run it for just long enough that you can come to a conclusion that this works for you or it doesn't.  When your satisfied with what you see, reconnect the pc or laptop, wait for it to acquire an IP address and then log in using 192.168.100.1   Navigate to the same BASIC...GATEWAY FUNCTION page and Enable the Residential Gateway Function.  Save the setting and the modem will reboot back into Gateway mode. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Datalink for your advice and a great idea, I am willing to try this and hopefully tomorrow report back with the results.....:) Have a good night.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks very much 🙂  When you reboot the modem back into Gateway mode, after the reboot, go into the settings and confirm that everything looks as it was before.  To that end, you can create a backup file that can be used for restoration purposes before you switch to Bridge mode.  Navigate to ADMIN.....BACKUP and use the Backup button to create a file somewhere on your pc.  If at any time you want to run a full factory reset, or find that the settings are not what they used to be, reload that file and reboot the modem to get it back to square one.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @ONYX1222

Thanks for the positive feedback, we really appreciate itSmiley Happy.

We are committed to delivering the best possible Internet experience for our customers.

Could you give me a little more detail on the "connectivity issues with my PS3 and online gaming"? In the technical world we have to hit all angles before validating the root cause of the issue and their is various possibilities.(connection, area, the game servers etc).

Ive had PS3 for years but im all about PS4 nowSmiley Wink. Still have my PS3 sitting around though + the Rocket Modem with the firmware patch for League of Legends.

1. What games are you noticing these disconnects on? Is with all games or just certain ones?

2. How frequent are these issues? Do they happen at a specific time?

3. If possible how many hours do you spend gaming and whats the average of these issues? (ex. happens 50% of the time when gaming etc)

I have yet to be signed out of my PSN account on PS4 haven't played my PS3 in a long time. Thing is i dont play as often as i used too, sometimes only 1-2 hours a week running around online in GTASmiley Wink.

The more information I can gather the better, it would help understand and hopefully resolve the issue.

RogersAsif