Juice Defender really works

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndroidAdam
I Plan to Stick Around

Juice Defender really works

For those that are about what ICS does to your battery life really need to try Juice Defender. You keep it running in the background and it really helps with the battery life.

Apparently the way it really helps is by disconnecting you from the net or wifi while the phone is asleep so it's not always searching for a connection, I'm thinking this also helps with Data usage.

It's also very customizable. Apparently the paid version allows you to increase the battery saving functionality overnight.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.latedroid.juicedefender&feature=nav_result#?t=W251...

****Edited Labels****

jwahkan
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Juice Defender really works

Agreed! I've been using it for a while now. I've found the free version does enough.
barbas
I Plan to Stick Around

Any one knows if after all the month the samsung galaxy s 2 can use any other battery? like, is samsung update the battery for another better one? more power or somethig like that?

Chrystiality
I Plan to Stick Around

You can get other batteries for your phone. Bigger ones, and larger back covers to accommodate them... try googling your phone + larger battery. You could also try ebay (I bought a 5000 mA battery with cover, for my Galaxy Note, for $10 with shipping).

Your phone may not recognize the additional battery capacity (mine doesn't, completely), so you may get an incorrect battery-drain reading... best way to see if it works is to actually use it, and measure it against the 'normal' charge life of your old battery.

Samsung makes larger batteries, if you aren't comfortable buying a no-name or generic one. Available online, at most online retailers (amazon, ebay, kijiji, etc.).

confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around

The larger Samsung galaxy nexus battery has been rumoured to work in the SGS2 LTE but I've only read this not seen it personally