Jellybean for LG Optimus G is available

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Jellybean for LG Optimus G is available

I have the same issue with Gmail, likely something google needs to fix in a release.

You should contact Google.

My phone definitely doesn't feel slower than ICS, so I would definitely do a factory reset. I always do one after any major update anyway.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the confirmation that you have the same gmail issue. I went ahead and did the factory reset and the phone feels pretty quick again (still have the gmail issue though). I usually do resets after major updates as well but I was hoping not to have to this time.

I've Been Here Awhile

Also, I am noticing much better memory usage. I used to kill tasks regularly after multi tasking, and the RAM was being used usually around 1.3 GB. Now the same usual number of apps, and the usage reading is much lower before killing tasks: 1G or less.  Probably a factor in reducing the warm/overheating issues some people were experiencing. 

Way to go JB!

I Plan to Stick Around

@AnonymousUser wrote:

I have the same issue with Gmail, likely something google needs to fix in a release.

You should contact Google.

Reported the issue to Google at: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/gmail/lxzmON5kDlc/ToWS2pzrGfgJ

For what it's worth the "back" button doesn't cause the error so it's a good way to get back to the folder you came from.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Red, I've been running the update since it launched and overall no complaints. Installed with no issues. Most notable change was new brightness slider in quick launch. Google now works really well. I did have a strange issue with chrome yesterday. All of a sudden it wouldn't launch. It would start then crash back to home page. Restarting didn't fix. I had to reinstall chrome to fix error. I also run Juice Defender and the error log shows AOSP helper can't run on this version of android. Still too early to tell how battery life has been affected. I always try to keep antennas off unless using because they kill battery! On a good day I'll get about 18hrs of moderate use.
I'm Here A Lot

Memory usage does seem better as
noted by kkelner
I Plan to Stick Around

Installed the update and I must say I am incredibly disapointed, many of the enhancement features that other international users get on their Optimus G's are missing from our flashed jelly bean version, primarily the enhancements to Qslide which for me is a really i mean reaaly huge disapointment as their is no reason why we should not have got all the same enhancements evryone else gets,  we got a brightness slider, yay and google now, we are missing so many enhancements its not funny, people you should contact LG and hound them as to why we didnt get most of the enhancments, is our money not as green as everyone elses, maybe they just dont like Canadians at LG cause it seems  their flagship Canadian version of products are always missing things the international versions get, in this case for example there is absolutely no reason why qslide shouldnt be enhanced, it could it should so why not I ask LG, time to save some face down there at that company and get us the enhancements everyone else got such as these qslide enhancements which none of us got,

• QSlide: Upgraded for 2013, the QSlide function allows users to operate multiple applications at the same time, as transparent screen layers as opposed to side-by-side frames. The size, position and transparency of the QSlide screen can be adjusted according to the user’s preference. In addition to the included video player, QSlide now works seamlessly with the included browser, memo, calendar and calculator apps.

Anyways I must say that I am extremely disapointed to the point I feel like shipping my phone back as defective and telling LG to ship me 1 that has these features working, I'm sick of paying high prices and leaving with a bad taste in my mouth too many times and if LG doesnt fix this I am personally done with them, no more buying their TV's which on the canadian versions are always missing a software feature that could and should be there as well, no more buying your blu ray players and I'm gonna sell everything I own that LG and be done with them as I was done with Sony years ago who nest to Apple and Microsoft are one of the worst. Nice update LG, loose flash going from ICS to JB, get a brightness slider because you need it because auto brightness is broke and still not fixed as it reverts back to 100% everytime you reboot the phone and get to cry watching vids of my friends who live abroad and get to play with these awesome new qslide features on their Optimus G well I cant and I paid more for my phone then them. I'm telling you I am going to youtube, mobilesyrup,xda,rogers,telus,bell,sprint and every other website that mentions the Optimus G and going to post my thoughts if this doesnt get fixed. Bad reviews = less sales. Being canadian and I'm gonna start screaming about and at the very least cause these companies that do this sales. Guess I will wait a few days to hear from LG to see what they say and if no enhancements by then as we waited long enough for this update then I'm going to revise my positive reviews and start posting my thoughts on this injustice. Thanks LG. 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In regards to QSlide... for what it's worth the Sprint version didn't get it either.

I don't know - I don't use the current QSlide and probably never will - I don't figure I'd ever use the enhanced QSlide either so I don't really care whether it's there or not.

I do understand why you're annoyed by it though.

I Plan to Stick Around

Even if you dont use it, its the point of the whole thing, unbelievable we pay more for stuff and they purposely take features away from us, it was probably more work for them to take it out of our version then it would have been to leave it and include it, maybe they expect us Canadians who work for peanuts while watching our Country get polluted and piliged deserve less than what every other sap gets who lives somewhere else, I dont know but again left with a bad taste in my mouth over this one and waiting to see what happens cause if it doesnt get fixed I'm selling mine as the auto brightness issue isnt fixed either, it always reverts back to 100 percent after a reboot or start, lol, all this waiting for this update and they couldnt even get the brighness issue fixed, what a joke. I'm gonna call Lg till they release the enhancements or they can send me an internatinal unlocked version that has these enhancements or maybe I'll tell everyone I know what to expect from LG. Well LG hope this decision works out well for yas because I think it will cost you in the future as its time to go let everyone in canada know they got played by yous for no apparent reason. :(:(:(

I'm Here A Lot

I agree, three multi task Windows work really well on my buddies Samsung Note 2 an it was totally something I anticipated. Can't believe we got shafted. My bud is gonna mock me incessantly! I like the phone plenty but there really isn't a killer feature. Should have waited for the G Pro our HTC One....