Jellybean for LG Optimus G is available

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Jellybean for LG Optimus G is available

My phone is telling me that the Optimus G Jellybean update is available for download.

Has anybody installed it yet? Experiences (good or bad) so far?

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Jellybean for LG Optimus G is available

Hello Red_Wolf

I only know 2-3 people on here with that device. This question would be better to ask on the XDA forums. The new update I know gives you few new features tho.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I installed it this morning.   It seems to have resolved some over heating issues.   It also has google now and brightness selection can be made from the task bar

I'm a Trusted Advisor

From speaking to my buddy which has the LG Optimus G, he said the JB update fixed a few issues he had. Battery life is alright but still not as good as he wanted it to be. Like Johnrambo said, the brightness slider was added on the Notification pull down bar now.
I'm a Senior Contributor

So far so good for the update... haven't noticed any dramatic changes as of yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the update tonight as well.

Some thing strange I noticed - on ICS when you ran a quadrant benchmark the phone scored significantly higher when eco-mode was off (which makes complete sense). Generally I was leaving eco-mode on in every day use because it seemed to result in better battery life.

After updating to JB it seems to make virtually no difference in the benchmark scores (whether it's off or on I'm getting the higher score).

This kind of concerns me because it seems to indicate that eco-mode isn't really doing anything and thus I wonder if battery life is going to suffer... Will know more over the next few days I guess.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just DLed Jelly Bean to my Optimus G. I can alrady feel the power of Google Now. "Search with Camera" ... what! 🙂

On the EcoMode or power saving tip, I really never noticed any help from those native apps since I bought the phone in November: so I have been using Juice Defender for battery management. As long as you aren't diddling with your phone all day, it extended my battery life by 9 hours or so per day, so that is good enough for a long day leaving home at 7am, and getting back and being able to plug in again before I go to bed at 10 or 11pm. 

I'm a Senior Contributor

Actually if you think about it, Eco Mode should be off when running quadrant because it's a benchmark and is going to want to use all cores at full speed.  My guess is Eco Mode wasn't running quite right with ICS.

I Plan to Stick Around

I guess I'm just assuming that eco-mode is a "hard" limitation. So for example when I have it ON it limits the number of cores firing regardless of what the app wants.. so therefore when I run a benchmark with eco on.. it SHOULD be slower than when I run a benchmark with eco off. Which is exactly what I was seeing on ICS. But maybe you're right.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anybody had a problem with the latest gmail app? (4.3 - the one that was released the other day).

Worked fine on ICS for me.. but now on JB I'm getting the error "Unfortunately Gmail has stopped". I can recreate it consistently by opening the app, opening any email and then pressing the back arrow (in the top menu) to return to the inbox - that's where it bombs.

Uninstalling the update fixes the problem but then I don't get the new snazzy notifications.

In general the phone "feels" slower to me as well - I'm considering doing a factory reset.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation