Jelly bean 4.2 for Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Jelly bean 4.2 for Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M

Any word on when will Rogers have the update for jelly bean 4.2 yet???

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Jelly bean 4.2 for Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M

Hello neenus

There is no official word yet from Rogers when the 4.2 update will come for the S3. You can always look at the "OS Upgrade Schedule " post and if the mods get the info from the back end team, they will post it on there.
I'm a Senior Contributor

I don't believe Samsung has even announced an upgrade for the international version as of yet, heck, you never know, they may not bother to release 4.2 for the GS3 since they're probably focused on the GS4.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

I really doubt they will go that way. Remember if they do, many will be upset & hate Samsung for it. They will release the update to the carrier in soon time & then the carriers will take months to release it to us.
I'm a Senior Contributor

What does 4.2 give customers that is so desperately needed over 4.1?

I've got a Nexus 4, and I don't see much in 4.2 that makes me anxious to have the same functions on my GS3.

I got a Nexus 4 for Key Lime Pie, and there we'll see some serious changes I'm sure...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

It does not matter what it has over 4.1.. You need to understand that the latest gadgets should be getting the new software as they are compatible to get them.. Yes Key lime pie will have changes but does not mean anything. all devices which are compatible to carry the new updates, should get them. Simple.

Also remember, if Samsung wants to keep customers, they should atleast keep giving us a few updates AFTER releasing the phone. The S3 has been out since August 2012. That is 6 half months. I am sure the phone with great hardware should be getting a few more updates. Also the updates are up to Rogers if they would like to release it to us.

I'm a Senior Contributor

It's actually been out in Canada since June, prior to that in Europe, so by the time the S4 comes out, it'll be a year old likely.

I personally don't think Samsung needs to update to 4.2 on the GS3 since there are very few notable changes.

I'd rather they skip 4.2 and push Key Lime out to the device, if the hardware can support it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

That is fine BUT i doubt they would skip it because you do not want Samsung to update the S3 with 4.2.. Many others ( Thousands) want 4.2. I am sure Rogers & Samsung will release it in due time. We just need to wait for the update to come out. It would be nice if Samsung Canada said something but they do not.

I Plan to Stick Around

Will our devices get 4.1.2 ?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello newfiechaos

at this moment, no one has this info. I am sure it will receive it but not anytime soon unless Samsung Canada & Rogers releases it. None of the carriers in Canada have released this update yet for the s3.