Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Hello ogunniyimary

At the moment, Rogers has not announced any info nor does anyone know when this update will be out. Its safe to say it won't be released for another few weeks maybe a month or 2 months.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can we use the AT&T version of the 4.1.2 or will that not work? The firmware is out on google.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello reginegoffinet

No you can not. It will cause issues and MAY brick your phone. Remember even tho they are the same phone, the software is not. You can try but the risk is on you.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Does anyone know if rooting can fix that issue or will that also brick it?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello neliaiavarone

You can root and fix the issue. The problem is that people say " you won't brick your phone". That is a lie tho. If you do not know what you are doing, you may risk and bricking your phone.

I would suggest watching Youtube videos on how to do it before I would root.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Good point. I'll just wait for regular updates. Hope they don't release it after a year.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mayrafelicano

Just wait for the regular updates. People say " ROM's and rooting ur phones is the best. You get better features and such." Honestly tho it does not matter. Not everyone wants every single new feature and not every single person is tech savvy.

I really hope Rogers gets their act together and start pushing out updates faster and sooner then making us wait for a long time.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The only good thing about rooting is you get superadmin mode. So if you ever have any programs running in the background and you want to stop them permantely, you can freeze them (only done by rooting). Thats the only good thing I found.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kimberleeseitzi

That is the only good thing. Yes adding new ROMs which have different features is nice and all but its not really worth it. People just tend to show off when they do that. This is the reason why I stay with the carrier roms and updates.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

A little close minded.  Without a custom rom or super user rights from root you can't bluetooth dial from a secure locked screen with any Samsung phone.  However if you make the smart choice an go with another brand instead of wasting 699 on what is considered "top" of the line phone you will have a better user experience.  The galaxy s3 lacks so many features found on HTC, Motorola and LG phones that without hacking the phone you wouldn't be able to achieve said basic features.

That being said, it takes an especially stupid person to brick your phone from flashing.  Most flashing errors can simply be restored.  Most of this is done by phone companies because of all the useless bundled software that comes with it preys on stupid people to buy more services from them.  

People are really in the dark about what rooting is and custom roms.