Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi, G3nocide

Can you please check your current version of android

Settings->About Device

and under Android Version it should say 4.1.1, if its at 4.0.x then its still running on ICS and therefore you haven't updated to JB yet.

sam_15

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Why is it taking so long and why is there an online LINEUP to download the upgrade for my Samsung Galaxy S3, DAYS LATER?

Absolutely unacceptable.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Why is there a lineup?  Probably a LONG LONG list of people wanting the update, and the servers can only push them out so fast.. you do ALL of the people that want it at once, you could bog down/crash the servers, and then no one will get it at all 😞

Are you trying to do the Over the air download of it? Or via Kies?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Both.

And I get that there are a lot of people waiting for the update, but that's Rogers' own fault. They're months behind with the release, and now they can't support pushing the updates down.  It doesn't take that much to push down the updates, and I'm sure the company that boasts to have the fastest network in Canada (and is an ISP itself) can throw a few bucks at ensuring it gets done.  God knows they profit off us enough.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I cant get mine to update, keis keeps on crashing :(, i guess i will try again tonight

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jepremo

This is because many are still trying to download the update. Rogers claims that not everyone has received the update yet which is the case from what i see. Remember, when a new IOS gets released, sometimes iTunes crashes. Same would happen if thousands are trying at once to download a update.

The update was released the same time as the Bell / Telus version was pushed out as well. I know a few people on Bell that STILL have not received the update OTA & over Kies. It seems like a problem from the carriers & Samsung Canada.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Keep trying every half an hour or so. It could work. I know KIES is not worth it as it keeps crashing every time i plug in any Samsung phone that is supported.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Meowmix can correct me if i am wrong on this.. he is the more phone guru..

But what he said about the iphone is correct.   And the apple updates, are pushe right from apple (no rogers involvement).
I was able to receive my latest iOS update, probably a good 10+ hours before my wife was able to... but the previous version, she got the prompt before mine.

They may be staging it.. to spread out the load.

(and i briefly looked at the one thread in the android forum there on it.. appears its introduced a few problems?)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is correct. All the updates are on stages. This means you will get it but the person right beside you will get it a few hours or days later. The updates can NOT all be pushed out at the same time as the servers will crash to the point that NO ONE will get the updates.

The new update for the S3 4.1.1 has broought many problems not only to Rogers customers, but to most of the carriers here in
Canada. I would suggest waiting it out if possible until the problems are fixed. The problems range from Battery issues, Signal issues, texting issues & more.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not that its a GOOD thing that there are these problems.. but its good to know its not just another botched rogers push out of it that is causing them.. that its pure OS releated when all the other carriers are getting the same issues as well.

Just like the memory leak in iOS 6.

Meowmix: do you know/heard if once the current stock of these phones are sold and replenished, if the new ones will come stock with jellybean? or will they all have to take the update route?