Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

ACtually i think rogers doesn't realize it but they are in hot waters right now about 2 days ago a security issue flaw was discovered that allows anyone to bypass pin codes and access information on sg3 since the newer updates make sure this does'nt happen it is now rogers problem and the CRTC agrees . I have contacted them to have a chat with rogers to force them to push a update to fix this isssue. As my personaly information is important to me . I suggest if anyone else is worred the crtc to help. For a lot of us this is an investment me loosing my phone should not mean a security should allow anyone to access my info.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello systemdude

Yes that is true. There is a bug out there that is letting people access the phone even with a pin lock on it. The problem is that in order for Rogers to send a update to fix that, Samsung Canada has to release it to the carriers, then the carriers will test it & then release it. I will say this again. This goes for all the S3 users. None of the carriers in Canada have released this update. Thus making it that Samsung Canada could be delaying it them self's. WE can not just blame Rogers right away here without any proof.

The CRTC will just tell Rogers to look at the update. The CRTC has no control on what Samsung Canada & Rogers do with the updates. I should know this for a fact. They will just let them know you have a concern & that is all.

In the end, they are most likely waiting for that update to come out to get it fixed. No one knows & no one can blame Rogers without any phisical proof that they are doing all this.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ahh but you forget 1point my friend I am paying for a quality of service that provides me safe environment to contact my family , friends a and colleague in under such a condition Rogers has to provide a safe environment for me to operate in .since I am bloody paying for it.see what I mean I am not paying to have my personal info stolen.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello systemdude

Yes they do BUT its up to Samsung when they release the update to Rogers. Rogers at this point if they have no update, they can ONLY ask Samsung to send it out. At this point, none of us can say if Rogers has it or not. We have to wait for it. Until then, we can only hope Roger releases it soon to us.

We all pay for quality of service but at times things like this happens. I get what you are saying tho but no one knows what is going on. For all we know, they are delaying the update to get Samsing to fix the security issues.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats where your wrong i have a friend that works for rogers and he says its up to rogers to distribute it not samsung, if it was samsung then why didnt all the other norh american carriers get it at the same time from samsung? common sense?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bokac191919

I guess you still do not understand things here. When Samsung CANADA releases update to the CANADIAN carriers, then the carriers will test it, add their bloatware & test it again. Once they want too, they will release it. Canada & US are to different countries with different carriers. Samsung & Samsung Canada have different schedules when releasing a update.

Now if you think Rogers is at fault, please provide any proof to show this instead of just words. Your " Friend" Has no proof nor can even say the truth for all we know. Do you realize every rep in any carrier can say anything but it may not be true.. I am sure you know this. Actually Samsung CANADA has the right like you said to distribute the update BUT if they already have, its up to the carriers then if they want to send it out.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly my point, Why doesn'y rogers allow samsung to push the update out without rogers testing it? How can apple push their own updates as they wish? Stop defending rogers, or any other carrier within north america, I demand the 4.1.2 update as of the recent securirty risks.

Explain to me what exact tests can they possibly be doing so long? Do they really have to re-educate their whole staff on a mini software update? If so that rep should not be working there. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bokac191919

Like i said before, i am NOT defending Rogers at all. I am simple SAYING how NONE of the Canadian carriers which have the Canadian S3 sent out the update. Read before making comments please. Its something you usually do not do & then claim & start arguments.

Let me teach you SOMETHING you do not know about Apple. In 2007 Apple had made contracts with AT&T that all the updates would be coming straight threw Apple. When the iPhone 3 came out with Rogers, Rogers had to sign the agreement letting Apple control the updates. Once the iPhone went to all the carriers, all the carriers had to do the same exact thing. They all had to sign a agreement letting Apple take care of the updates & have no bloatware what so ever on the phone. This being said, Samsung can do the same BUT choices not to because they can do " Exclusive" to each carrier they choice. ALSO Remember the updates are from Google, then Samsung takes it & adds their Touchwiz & such THEN it gets sent out to the carriers. This will happen until Google which owns Android & Samsung wants to do it. This has NOTHING to do with Rogers here. Stop claiming things you have no knowledge of & start arguments with other users ( me).

As for the updates. This has been said MANY times on here. Rogers takes time to release a update. As for right now, Rogers nor does any carrier have the new update to fix the issue. Once Samsung gives out the update to the carriers, they will test it & release it. If you are not that patient then go add a customer ROM which fixes this issue.

Do not reply saying " Defending Rogers" or starting a fight as i flagged down mods to remove comments like that. No need for it in here.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello bokac191919,

Meowmix, is right that Rogers is not at blame here. Meowmix, isn't defending Rogers, heck he doesn't even get paid helping out in the forums. 

You need to realize bokac191919, that Rogers provides the service for the phone! They are the reseller of the Samsung phone and would get more money out of it, but ultimately they provide you and I with cellular service. 

Why does Rogers take so long to work an update? I don't work at Rogers but they would have to test if the phone works on their own carrier locked phones, on unlocked phones, works on their LTE network, 4G, 3G, Edge. Check that their distribution methods will work out ALL ACROSS CANADA etc etc etc...

At the end of the day, if you really want the fix, why not you push Samsung Canada about it. 

And If you are still mad at them, let me give you an anology:

You have a computer and you are connected on the internet. Lets say that your Windows laptop and people found that there is a glitch that if you download a certain program with the bug, it allows the author of the bug to potentially access your system's file. But then you would blame your internet service provider that they allowed that you to access that glitch.

Now replace Windows with Samsung's software and your internet service provider with Rogers, shows the same way you are looking at in this situation. You would also question, "Why would I download a program that I cannot trust?" in the same way as "Why would I let someone use my phone that I cannot trust?"