Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Samsung has been rolling out Jelly bean 4.1 for Samsung S3 users in Poland. So I was wondering when will Rogers be Rolling out the update for its' Samsung galaxy  users?  

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Hello Belmont45

Rogers has no info on when the JB 4.1 update will hit the S3. Rogers is most likely the last carrier to get it if anything. It may be the first carrier in Canada to get it BUT we do not know as customers. They do not give us info as well. If any new info comes in, Any of the Rogers mods will most the info here :

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Belmont45

Rogers has no info on when the JB 4.1 update will hit the S3. Rogers is most likely the last carrier to get it if anything. It may be the first carrier in Canada to get it BUT we do not know as customers. They do not give us info as well. If any new info comes in, Any of the Rogers mods will most the info here :

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers this is ridiculous all ready. Come out with the update. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

At this point in time i doubt Rogers Has anything to do with the update. I believe at this stage the update is still with Samsung. If Rogers had the Update and were testing it, It would be in the link That was posted above wit an ETA. Personally I'm more disappointed with Samsung than Rogers regarding getting 4.1.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Watch this video and You can easily Update Jelly Bean in your Samsung Galaxy S3 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GIdhiTFXUY

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Aadamgidson

That video has NOTHING to do with the Samsung Galaxy S3 & it has nothing to do with Jelly bean. That Video shows the Samsung Galaxy S2 & doing a upgrade to ICS..
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hopefully it's soon. Apparently Telus announced that the estimated GS3 Jelly Bean update is late November.  http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/23/telus-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-estimated-to-receive-jelly-bean-late-no...

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

rogers has no say for updates on samsung phones its up to samsung and it should be very soon as it has started rolling out on other providors in the states and as the canadian galaxy nexus phones have got it last month

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Sonyboyj

Actually you are VERY wrong. Rogers does have a say on all the Samsung phones updates but NOT the Nexus one.

Rogers has the say if they want the future updates on the S3 or not. Samsung will release the update & its up to the carrier to issue the update or not. Samsung has released it & nothing more they can do. Now its up to the carriers to release it. This is how updates work...

This has NOTHING to do with the Galaxy Nexus. Please keep in mind this thread is talking about the S3 not Nexus. The Nexus devices get updates straight from the Manufacture or Google. The normal devices DO NOT.
Highlighted
I've Been Around