Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Yea no kidding, samsung needs to pressure rogers because they could lose customers over this and might go to apple. this is clear BS.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bokac191919

I agree BUT you always need to remember this is Rogers we are speaking of. Also none of the Canadian carriers have released the 4.1.2 update for the S3 yet.. So its not only Rogers & you guys fail to even understand that. Bell, Telus, Fido, Virgin & the rest which have the S3 have NOT released 4.1.2..

You guys blame Rogers way to quick but never did any research before anything else. Rogers is NOT the only carrier that has not released the 4.1.2 update & Samsung can NOT do anything about it. All the Canadian carriers have the same update.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Stop always defending them....this country is twisted when it comes to telecommunications compared to the rest of the world. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bokac191919

I am not defending them i am ACTUALLY saying Rogers is not at fault here and none of you can see this. Please provide me proof that ANY Canada carrier that have the S3, released the 4.1.2 update get. That is all I am saying. I guess you can not understand the post I posted.

In the end, Rogers is not at fault and you guys need to see that. This time they are not. It seems Samsung Canada either has NOT released it yet to the carriers OR all the carriers in Canada which have the A3 are taking their time to release the update.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry I meant to post this in the S2 thread. Mods can delete if they'd like.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Meowinx, The main point you fail to see is that our service provider is Rogers, not Bell or Telus. I could care less if Bell or Telus haven't released the 4.1.2 update to their customers. We are Rogers customers so Rogers is who we will target, simple as that. Just because another carrier hasn't released the update yet doesn't justify Rogers for not bringing out the 4.1.2 update totheir customers. Why does Rogers have to wait until another carrier releases the update to release their own? Why not be the first carrier to release the update in Canada? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Kiggen The update for 4.1.2 was rolled out to customers in Poland in August of last year. Now before you get bitter about it, this was the first update for the global S3 devices. The North Americans gets a different version of the S3. Therefore the people at Samsung needs to make and run and test two different versions of 4.1.2 for the S3. That being said, when Samsung does send the 4.1.2 to the carriers, the carriers also have to add their apps, run and test their version also. If you check the news today, Verizon just started rolling out the update to their customers but without one of Samsung's app "Premium Suite". Please be patient Kiggen.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kiggen

Actually i am not failing to see anything at all. Please provide me any update that the Canadian S3 got the update?. Like Sam_15 said, Poland got it last year. There are 2-3 different S3 variants out there. We have the one with LTE & Europeans have the Quad-core non LTE version. Samsung needs to make 2 different OS's for both phones. Same OS but for 2 different phones ( Hardware wise). Once its given to the carriers, the carriers decide when to release it as they are the ones testing it, adding bloatware & everything in between. Yes it should not take this long but like many said, you can sell your Canadian S3 & buy a international S3 which gets updates faster. You can Blame Samsung Canada & the Canadian carriers for this.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was surprised (read: angered) to see that my wife's S2 LTE i727R received the 4.1.2 update before my S3 i747M. I was under the impression that the S3 was their flagship phone, and that it would take priority over a 2 year old phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello adamdavidson

Even if its a flagship phone that means nothing sadly. The S2 LTE is a older device in which Rogers & Samsung want to keep up a bit. Rogers is still selling the S2 LTE in where other older phones have been discontinued.

As for the the S3. Like i said before, it all depends when Samsung Canada releases the update to the carriers. Once the carriers get it, the test it to make sure it works fine on the phone. Then they add bloatware & a few other things that make the phone stable & such. Then they test it & make sure it works. After that, its up to them when they release it.

Seeing as NONE of the Canadian carriers which have the S3, have NOT released this update yet, it kinda makes it look like something is wrong. No one understands that tho & blames Rogers for nothing here.