Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

When will Rogers be shooting the 4.2.1 update out?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bokac191919

Please use the " OS Upgrade Schedule" To know when it will come out. As explained many times to you, Rogers does not comment on things like this unless they update that thread with the info.

Which device are you asking about as well?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

for the samsung s3, and i dont know where to find the schedule.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bokac191919

You will find this info on the " OS Upgrade Schedule" When Rogers gets the info from the back end team office. At this time, they have not posted anything yet. Just sit tight & wait for it. Rogers will not say anything until they get the info.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

I think it's really great that somebody at Roger's actually put that up. Unfortunately it's only useful if you have one of the half dozen phones listed. Even with all the discussion for the OS Ugrade to 4.1.2 on the Note II it was never listed.

I think what would be better for Roger's customers is if that was moved from the forums to the main web site and have it list ALL the devices which are know to be recieving OS upgrades. Even if the when is listed at "TBD".

It would make it much more useful and much less of a waist of time for someone like you to be constantly pointing people to a schedule which is of no use to them.

Don't get me wrong, you are doing a wonderful job of answering  ppl's questions, but as I stated earlier is the schedule is useless unless your phone is listed.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Randwulf114

I fully agree & understand you!. It is useless but the problem is that Rogers will only update us threw there. This is something that Rogers will never change & its a shame. They should have listed all the phones & at least say " To be announced" or something within those lines.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung hasn't even released a 4.2.1 update yet so Rogers isn't even close. It took around 2 months after America got the update for Canada to get the update to 4.1.2.

So I wouldn't expect 4.2.1 anytime soon even if America gets an update soon.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Alamarco

That is correct. It will take a few weeks / months for Rogers to even get this update & send it out to us.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is ridiculous on how long it takes them to throw the update out. How much testing needs to be done, its not like rogers has 200 apps, thet have 3 apps prolly 1 which u will use. everything else is samsung and google.  and how much new training do u need with every new mini update? please explain this to me.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We're not asking for 4.2.1 ... We want 4.1.2! Samsung released this update in November and many overseas carriers have released the update for their customers. It's been 3 months already...  Even the Note 1 and the S2 have the 4.1.2 update, do you not see something wrong here? There's nothing Rogers even has to do, just release the update for customers and we'll decide if we want to install their bloatware or not!