Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

its rolling out now on the S3

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jim_wp

Its been out for the past 2 weeks. The problem is that not everyone will get the update at once. Everyone will get it at different times.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I noticed the same thing
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I notice that I donot have al of the features in my update. The gallery update and split screen as well as the left side menu colunm is not available. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My battery life has been AWFUL since the update.

4h 39m on battery right now, 31% left, have barely used it (wrote a reasonably long email, a couple texts, and two brief phone calls).

Screen (1h 33m on) is 77% of my drain, messaging 10%, calls 7%, standby 4%, idle 3%.

I have all power saving modes enabled except for CPU usage restriction, I have black background screens everywhere possible, and auto-brightness.

Of course, none of this should even be mentioned because it is immensely worse than it was before the update to 4.1. The same time of day, with similar usage, would have left me at around 70% before.

Help?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 OTA?

Well I managed to get my hands on a PC. Unfortunately upon reboot after kies finished it's update my phone is now (from what I've researched) been hard bricked. Please PM me if there's anything I can do, living more than 1 hour away from a Rogers store is a pain, but i've stayed away from rooting etc for this reason as my captivate had that issue. Phone purchased in Oct 😞
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 OTA?

Hello Halathos

Have you tried the Vol down + Power & Home button trick?. Also was the battery fully charged & what was the % of the battery? If its hard bricked, nothing can bring it back unless you jtag it back that will lose the warranty.

I & many others have sent back the phone even tho its bricked, Rogers & Samsung will not know & can not tell as the phone will NOT turn on at all. They will ONLY notice is it unless they Jtag BUT they get thousands of phone each day / week. I really doubt they will do that.

I would suggest sending it in for repair. You can also contact Rogers tech support & have them send you out a replacement S3 for $35. This cost will be for them to send out the Refurb phone & you to send yours back to Rogers. The Refurb device is like new with no damage & a new screen / battery.

Tell them the phone does not turn on & all. They will help you to get another one.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi kristjan,

This update is 4.2.1
The multi screen and the update for the gallery app is update 4.2.2.
This update only started rolling out in Poland about a month ago.

sam_15
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had the exact same problem, my battery was draining 3 - 4 times faster than before the update.  I went in to the Aplication Manager and disabled the included Samsung bloatware (the update adds even more) and now my battery life is so much better.  

Better than it was before the update.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Does anyone know when the jellybean 4.1.2 update is going to be available?