Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Hey man.

I have a questions.  Do you have a stock rogers jelly bean rom ?

My situation is this, updated to jelly bean through Kies while I was rooted.

It remove my root, I rooted back no bug. Now I wanted to experience more

and I flash the photo sphere feature on it.

I created a nandroid as I was instructed but it is in the rooted state so... if I want to return the phone Ill need the stock rom right? I looked, Im still looking (whats why I got here) so Im hoping you can give some advice or trow the stock one if u have it.

You can contact me in PM if  you can and is not asking too much, much appreciate.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Since the Jelly Bean update I've been having notification issues....

will not vibrate when receiving email from Yahoo Mail application

will not vibrate when receiving messages from Whatsapp

and still having battery drain...it will drop up to  10% in an hour with out even using it

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hey guys, as you may know the update is out, and I upgraded my phone not too long ago and have recieved many of the new features of the "Premium Suite" update. However, while doing some googling I say that I am missing one of the "big" features which would be Multi-View. I searched for it in settings > display as sites directed but there is nothing there. Does our specific update not carry this feature or is there something wrong here?

Thanks,

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rashad

As you may Google & search on here, Threads have been made about this. Samsung never enabled it into 4.1.1 for the S3. You will have to wait until Samsung & Rogers release the next update which will contain the Multi-View. This is something Samsung for some odd reason forgot to add.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Samsung Galaxy S3 OTA?

So the 4.1 update for the S3 has been released, Is it available OTA (Not showing update through menu) or must Kies be used to do the update?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 OTA?

Hello Halathos

You can do it both ways BUT OTA may give you a message saying try again later. Do it over Kies
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

OTA gives "No Update available", and unfortunately i'm at work at the moment so no admin rights to install Kies (Wishing there was a portable app but COM libraries are necessary), I switched to android to avoid having to use a PC when the captivate was released. How people can rely on a PC/MAC to have their "mobile" devices function is beyond me xD.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Ahh that sucks. Well its known the new update for the S3 was having issues over on OTA so everyone was advised to use Kies as a other way.

Well thousands use PC/MAC everyday. Does not matter what the phone has / uses. PC/MAC is something that wont die anytime soon lol.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Sorry I'm new to this, and this probably isn't the right thread, but I'm having some serious annoyances with this update. I did the 4.1 update OTA and now I'm having the following issues:

-One finger zoom on edge of screen - Is there a way to turn this off???

-If screen blacks out, and I press the home button, it reopens the app I was just on, but only for a second - It closes it and brings me back to the home screen. I used to just press the button to wake it, and it would be on the same screen

-I'm finding it unbearably slow scrolling through my screens now...

Anyone having similar issues? I'd rather revert back if possible...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello timmahony35

There is no way to revert back to the old OS unless you root your device. This may brick your phone if you do this method. Just a warning.

All the problems you have had, many others have had. Samsung & Rogers know about this & claim they are working as hard to get thme resolved & such but i take all that with a grain of salt at this point.