Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

I upgraded my GS3 to Jelly Bean this week and now I can't make a call in my 2007 Infiniti G35S via Bluetooth.  The phone establishes and maintains a Bluetooth connection with the car but when you make or receive a call there is a horrible background noise (sounds like screaming aliens) which prevents you or the person you are talking to from hearing anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi M_JP

Try to reset up your phone bluetooth. So, first you might want to unpair your device from the car

You will have to figure that out yourself...

Also unpair from your phone You can do this: Settings -> Bluetooth -> Click the "gear" for your car's bluetooth -> Select Unpair.

After that try seting up your bluetooth with your phone again

sam_15

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I personally did an OTA update, 

and I have no problem with it, I know that a lot of people is having a problem with KIes.

The thing is Kies, was not built based for the S3 but for many other Samsung smartphones.

That said, its not largely the fault of the carrier, in this case Rogers, but more of the OS in general.

If anyone is interested in doing in OTA (over the air) update, which means you would need a WifI or mobile network.

Go to Settings -> About Device -> Software Update -> Update.

The new OS will be downloaded and the phone will update and will go through a serious of boot screens and if all goes well you would get JB

sam_15

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Already tried unpairing and pairing a view times with no luck.  I paired my wife's iPhone 4s and there was no issue with the call quality so my car does not appear to be the issue.

My neighbour has a GS3 which is still on ICS, I will try pairing his phone as another test.

From what I can read this appears to be a JB issue affecting many users in the US.  Hopefully Google and or Samsung have a fix for this issue soon.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello M-JP

It IS a JB issue. I have a 2011 BMW M3 coupe & before i sold my S3, i updated it on JB. I could NOT pair it on my car. After i tried many times & even called Rogers tech support & went as far as calling Samsung tech support. No one could help. I posted on the XDA forums & even then no one could help. I am starting to wonder that they rushed to push out the update.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi I need help on upgrading my s3 to jelly bean, where do i go? and how to update it? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hernameisela

You can go to Settings - About Device - Software Update - Update. Those are the steps to do it over the phone. If you want to do it threw the computer, you will need to download the latest Samsung KIES from the Samsung site & then install it. Plug in the phone when its done & a pop up will appear. It will tell you a new update for your phone is there. Download the update & let it go threw.

Here is the link to Samsung KIES to download it:

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP
I Plan to Stick Around

Rushed? Rogers was last. I made that joke about their "Rogers was first at..." commercial to a support guy the other day, to which he responded with, "We didn't want to release Jelly Bean with glitches in it". Hahahahahaha Rogers is such a joke these days; it's amazing they survive.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am having the same issues with the autocorrect and sound and vibrate and also another issue I'm having is major battery drain if you're not the only one

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am on version 4.1.1 and it still had the same icons. Ive seen the jellybean icons on other s3's and it looks nice with the blue phone icon and its still the same **bleep**ty green one. I have all the new features though.... so it doesnt make sense to me...