Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Hello master28

Oh believe me i know. I owned the First Android Rogers carrier which was the HTC Magic. Believe me i know. lol.

The problem is Rogers, not Samsung. Rogers has had the update since it was released. They wen public saying " Late November". Lets hope tho they keep their word because if they do not & Bell or Telus releases it first & Rogers last, problems will happen then.

Agreed. The developers on XDA can make & release a update faster then Rogers. Anyways lets just hope they release the update to us within this week.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Here we have it people. Rogers once again change the status from " Late November" to " Early December"

I guess Rogers does not seem to understand to at least give us the update when the first said it. Hmm more angry customers coming a long now. It seems that they can not keep up with their words.

Smartphone
Software Version* Release Date**
Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (SGH-I747M) Jelly Bean (4.1)  Early December
Samsung Galaxy S II LTE (SGH-I727R) Jelly Bean (4.1)  Late December
Samsung Galaxy Note (SGH-I717R)  Jelly Bean (4.1)  Late December
Motorola Razr HD Jelly Bean (4.1)  Late December
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) Now Available
Sony Xperia Arc S (LT18a) Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) Now Available
Sony Xperia Arc (LT15a) Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) Now Available
Sony Xperia Mini Pro (SK17a) Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) Now Available
Sony Xperia Pro Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) Now Available
Sony Xperia Ion Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) Now Available
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello master28

Oh believe me i know. I owned the First Android Rogers carrier which was the HTC Magic. Believe me i know. lol.

The problem is Rogers, not Samsung. Rogers has had the update since it was released. They wen public saying " Late November". Lets hope tho they keep their word because if they do not & Bell or Telus releases it first & Rogers last, problems will happen then.

Agreed. The developers on XDA can make & release a update faster then Rogers. Anyways lets just hope they release the update to us within this week.

It's a 2 fold problem, from what i can tell JB released July 7, samsung didnt release till end of sept.  That is the only thing i find appaling, it really shouldnt take that long.  Samsung makes great phones and I expect better from them for their top phone.

Rogers is a different story noone should expect anything good from them they just plain suck.  (as evidenced by the delay once again of the release of JB for a flagship phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I know what you mean. Rogers needs to start getting their priorities together & start giving us the updates to the devices. I already contacted Ian from MobileSyrup to add this on their site. I also emailed Android Authority to add it on theirs as well. It gets to the point that Rogers has to start caring about us & not their pockets. We are the ones paying for their cars / houses / bills. It should be with respect that they own us.

Who am i kidding tho, do you or i really think this will happen? I really doubt it. I will be more upset / angry if Rogers posts " Late December" when the start of December comes. That is when i will honestly cancel my cell phone line with them.

Also for anyone that says rooting, i really do not care about rooting nor am i interested in rooting my phone. I rather be safe & not ruin in by accident.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix even if you brick you phone rogers has to replace it.It was ruled less then a month ago that rooting phones DO NOT void rogers warranty as android is opened sourced rogers can not warranty it.warrantys are hardware only not software.but I understand your fear,most people have it when it comes to stuff they do not know.

But if you are looking for jelly bean without root or bricking your phone the easiest way is to flash the bell 1747 ICS stock then install the update to jelly bean....if you don't mind a few bell apps that's the way to go..its all done threw Odin very safe and no tripping the flash counter...
Just a thought....oh and rogers sucks we started with then less then a month and we are cancelling our service horrible horrible service from no signal to data speed of 200/KBS just sad on the same network with my Samsung galaxy s i9000 I get speeds of 3.5/MBS not with the s3 lol ugh stupid rogers
Highlighted
I've Been Around

To be a first class company you want to be right on top of the releases.  Anything else is third class at best.  Disgusting.

So if I root the S3 can I then upgrade Jelly Bean myself? 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

make sure to back up your your current rom before changing . if rooted you can install a new rom. example jelly bean , cryogenmod

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes it quite simple, root, flash a custom recovery such a CWM or TWRP this can be done via Odin or eaasier to use ROM manager from the market...def make a "nandroid" backup of your stock ROM in case you dont like what other ROM you flash then pick and choose from probably more than a dozrn JB ROMS out there.download the zip file...wipe your phone,wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format system....flash new rom  in CWM, flash Gapps (JB will require diff Gapps than ICS)  and reboot..sounds like a pain but its really easy.

I have been running JB 4.1.2 for quite awhile now. IMO the 2 most stable ROMS are AOKP by TASK 650 and CM10 stable (which is what I am on now).

I may or may not go back to stock to install the rogers OTA if it ever comes...CM10 is running so smooth on my phone right now I may just leave it on there.

Joe

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mobile Syrup just posted that Jelly Bean is being released for Canadian GS3 on December 3. I don't know how reliable that is but it seems to line up with what Rogers is saying for a early December release.
Good news I think..
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's a very reliable source considering their source is Samsungs tweet 😛 

https://twitter.com/SamsungMobileCA/status/273608404155629568

"Jelly Bean starts rolling out to GALAXY S III owners over-the-air Monday. Stay tuned for more Jelly Bean announcements soon!" - @SamsungMobileCA

Doesn't say which carriers though but hopefully it's all carriers. I'd be very disappointed if it was only the AWS carriers.