Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Rogers has no say on updates!!the only reason they hold updates so long is to in courage you to buy the new fancy phone...the longer you hold the update the more chance you will get fed up waiting and go get another phone.This is proven with companies like LG.
There is no rogers skin on the s3 it is stock TW(touchwiz).there is no reason to hold back updates as all rogers apps are downloadable through the market.The S3 should be running jelly bean its been quite awhile since the international version has getting jelly bean and sprint and T-Mobile already have the update(funny how T-Mobile sells the i747 but we don't have the update..

Come rogers what's the hold up!!??

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

To say Rogers has no say in updates is totally incorrect.  They do test release updates provided by Samsung to ensure it properly functions on their network.  They have sold numerous S3's to customers and do not want a bad release causing an influx of unhappy support calls because they didn't do their due dilligence.  This is known as "carrier testing".

As for skinning, while the customization on the S3 by Rogers is light, they do bundle in the Rogers app into the update.  Again, they must test these apps for the release.

Your statement about T-Mobile releasing it already for the SGH-i747 is also incorrect.  T-Mobile in the US uses the SGH-T999 model S3 as they use different frequencies and don't have an LTE version.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is slow and near to last for updates on any phone - they have to vet/approve any update(s) and Samsung will post to Kies. When available we'll be able to update our slaved to Rogers phones. Basically unless rooted and able to run custom MODS waiting on Rogers is painfully slow - after you see/read AT&T in US getting the updates expect Rogers to follow. They basically use the same network (Who you Roam with most places in US) and phones.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there,

I did disable all Rogers apps, (exluding MyAccount for I use it).

I tap "Uninstall Updates" then after uninstalling, the apps will downgrade then the option "Disable" will appear.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gabby131

That does work but both Rogers & Samsung Canada tech support notified me that it will enable once you restart the phone or do a factory reset. This is something they told me & i am NOT saying this on my own. While i does disable the app, it may cause issues as well from what they told me.

Thanks for letting us know tho:)

Its 21st of November & still waiting.  We have a week & few days left for them to give us the update. Lets hope they keep their promise.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Last I've seen about this was the expected release date for Rogers is "Late November".  

We have only a week left in November. Anything more specific as to a date we can expect to see this update come through? 

Thanks

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix wrote:

Its 21st of November & still waiting.  We have a week & few days left for them to give us the update. Lets hope they keep their promise.

lol first time dealing with a rogers android update?  Most definetly will be delayed.  

I was so happy when i rooted and flashed my i897 captivate.  without touchwiz it is so much faster.  And i've been running JB since about july/august, currently on 4.1.2, samsung stopped updateing my phone at 2.3 lol.  

Manufactureer updates delays are such a joke, group of amatures on XDA can get it up and running in weeks in their spare time and manufacturerers with an army of full time proffessionalswith best knowledge of the hardware takes months... embarassing doesnt even begin to describe it.

Bet the farm that ill be on Key lime before you even get 4.2 🙂

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Best to keep this to the android forum, there are threads there which keeup more up to date on this, and more android users discussing it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Preem

GDkitty is correct. In thr Android section, you will find more info on this topic. as for the thread your posted. I

t does not matter where that thread was posted. That thread was posted by Rogers. They added that sticky thread there for a Reason and its not only for Androids. they posed updates for blackberry and Apple as well. Also please make sure you use the Search function before making a thread that has already been made. This thread was already been made in the Android forums. As for your question, Rogers nor anyone will givr you the answer your looking for. They are going to release the update when they are. They just posted " Late November" as what they got from the backend team. They have no other info. Please post in the thread i have linked. Thanks

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/12817/page/6