Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Jelly Bean For Samsung Galaxy S3

Pay attention to the question
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello daisydude

If you are reffering to me, I already read the question and answered it. Thanks for the heads up tho.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

First Rogers has no bloatware on the s3 that can not be download through the market...second there is no rogers boot screen on the s3 its stock samsung through and through.

The update to 4.1 should be here and installed already no excuses like i said before if some kid in his basement can throw a rom together the day of source release theres no reason a multi million dollar company cant put on an update....ive been running jelly bean on my sgs i9000 for at least 2-3months now along with ics on my lg optimus one for almost a year....
Its about money not development with these companies it takes hours to days to compile a rom be it offical or custom.
Why update when they can just sell you the next shiny new phone.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyways, back to the topic of the thread.  Brand new Galaxy S3 owner here, just upgraded from a Blackberry Torch 9810.  Must say, this phone is ridiculously sweet.  I got the pebble blue and at first was worried that the white was better, but after looking at this thing when I opened the box, I knew it was the right color for me.  Was worried about the Android experience as I have an ipod touch 4th gen and an iPad so I am very familiar with ios.  Anyways, verry happy with the phone so far, and can't wait to start digging into the heart of the phone and learning what it can truly do.

I am itching to get the JB update, any more news on when we can expect it.  Late November is so vague..

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Neonridr

No news as yet. Still saying "late November". Rogers wont announce anymore news then that unless some blogs and website get leaks.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This brings back so many memories from when Rogers released the first Android phone the HTC Magic. I ended up getting one  running Cupcake. As updates appeared on other carriers around the world, us Rogers customers were left wondering if we would ever see any. Eventually we did get ONE update and that was the only one we would see. Years later it seems Rogers is still holding back. The decisions are based on financial planning so don't get your hopess up.

Root your phone and add custom Roms or get a Nexus device, no more waiting. The Nexus 4 is coming out tomorrow and you can stick it to Rogers.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

So 2 more weeks to wait for the " Late November" update. Lets see if Rogers will actually push the update out within the next 2 weeks or are they going to edit the post with another time?. Hmm
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You don't need to be highly technical to root your phone, you only need to know how to read and follow instructions.  It's quite simple to remove any of the Rogers bloatware, and we've stripped it all off our phones from the Galaxy Captivate to the Galaxy S3. 

In fact, you can even reset the counter in the phone that shows you've rooted it.  If you read up on it a little bit, it's absolutely no problem and you won't void your warrenty. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BGrant

You guys seem not to understand that none tech savvy people do NOT care about rooting & rather stay safe then have issues. I have read over thousands of posts on XDA & other places where people have watched the videos & followed the steps & even then, somehow bricked the phone OR did something to it.
I understand its easy & such BUT most of the people rather get updates from the carrier / Samsung then going threw all this. Just because you guys think its easy & nothing will happen, does not mean nothing will happen to someone else..

Anyways we have a week left for them to send out the 4.1 update to us. Lets see if they will or won't. Remember, blogs have posted on their website the OS Upgrade Schedule from Rogers as well & if Rogers does not deliever, many people will be upset.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has 12 days left to update and considering Telus has given a similar date so unless there's a major setback but with only 1.5 weeks to go I'm hoping that all testing is going well. Hopefully the update will come out sooner rather then later since we are now in late-mid november. Come on Rogers! Surprise us all and give us an update in the next couple days.