Jailbroken iPhone 3G wanting to restore and have phone unlocked through Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Jailbroken iPhone 3G wanting to restore and have phone unlocked through Rogers

iPhone 3G was jailbroke / unlocked so phone could be used in mexico, I continued to pay my bill until my contract was up this Oct. I called to talk about getting it unlocked permantly from Rogers and the tech told me ( after I confessed the phone was jailbroken) that it would most likely " brick" my phone. I was told I have to do a restore of the phone and then she would submit something to Apple for the imee # to be white listed and then hook it back up to iTunes but that was on the slim chance that the restore didn't brick my phone. 

Is there a high chance of bricking my phone by restoring it After a jailbreak? Band is 06.15

my contract is now up and I have no plans on returning to Canada. My phone is super slow since the jailbreak which when first done did brick my phone...so I am a little Leary.

****Edited Labels****

I've Been Around

Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3G wanting to restore and have phone unlocked through Rogers

Because you're using that baseband, trying to restore with iTunes is going to give you an error. It tries flashing 4.2.1's baseband, which is a lower version number, and cannot proceed. I'd suggest downgrading the baseband. With the downgraded baseband you can restore your phone with no problems. redsn0w 0.9.14b can downgrade this properly, and then you will be able to restore properly. This will also restore satellite GPS functionality on your 3G. You will need your firmware (4.2.1, Google the IPSW.) and that version of redsn0w.

Good luck! Feel free to post on there if you need help!

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Jailbroken iPhone 3G wanting to restore and have phone unlocked through Rogers

Hi

So I downloaded the Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 - Can you direct me to a site that gives directions for using this.

Also you said that I needed to download my firmware from google?

So use redsnow first and then install the firmware?

The last time I tried to use redsn0w I bricked my phone and then had to pay someone to fix it! Easy in Canada not so sure in Mx

so I would appreciate a step to step guide to this and if you could direct me to a site that has this outlined (that is trustworthy)  I would very much appreciate it!

thanks so much for responding

Cheers

R