Issues with Samsung Galaxy S3 in terms of reception.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Issues with Samsung Galaxy S3 in terms of reception.

I just purchased my Samsung Galaxy S3 a few weeks ago and I have started to notice that my reception is fairly poor. I have issues where I am inside my house on the phone and all of a sudden my call is dropped. Even when I am outside I'll have calls that are dropped. I only average about 1 - 2 bars are any point in time. I was wondering if other people are experiencing this problem?

I also have issues with my phone displaying 4G with 3 bars but my calls will still cut out. It just very annoying to have a really great phone but the service seems to be pretty bad.

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Issues with Samsung Galaxy S3 in terms of reception.

I'm having the same issues with my Sam S2.  Reception in house sucks that I only make calls using 2G.  Looking to buy a Sony or Motorola phone as they have better reception than Samsung phones.  I'm starting to realize Samsung phones suck for reception.  All bark, no bite.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just purcahsed a Samsung Galaxy S3 from Rogers excellent phone, but the reception on the phone is really bad expecially in the house.

I know its not the phone because a friend has the Samsung Galaxy S3 from telus and the reception is excellent.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had the same issue with my Rogers Samsung S2  within my house.  As my phone is unlocked, I inserted my friends Koodo (Telus) sim card and got amazing signal.  So, it's not so much the phone that is the issue, it's the amount of towers your provider has in the area.  In my general area, Rogers has 5 towers, while Telus, which shares with Bell has 11.  Acutally, I can see the Telus tower from my bedroom.

IMHO, it's better to have an average phone with many towers around you than a super great phone with fewer towers.

I now have the Motorola Razr HD and keep my S2 as a backup if ever needed.  What the Moto has over the S2, better build quality, superior call quality, about 15% better signal, a nice clean interface and a new sugar daddy (google) to hopefully get speedy updates if needed.  Rogers still needs to install more towers, period.  

I'm afraid, if you want better coverage, find a provider that has great coverage in your home region and go with them.  Check out the coverag maps below.  Hope this helps.

http://loxcel.com/celltower

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Guys I have just gotten a Samsung galaxy s5 and the reception is HORRIBLE. I even posted the link to this forum complaining about all samsung galaxy s phones on my facebook and i am finding out that everyone that has had a samsung galaxy anything, is having the same issue that all of us are. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the actual cellular network, i think it has everything to do with the hardware that is being used. I originally had an iphone 3G and iphone 4s. Both of them had pristine reception in my basement apartment and now i switched to the android samsung galaxy s5 and the reception is horrible. i have since contacted rogers again and low and behold, there are going to allow me to do a complete switch from the samsung galaxy s5 to an iphone 5s.thankfully, this is kept me as a loyal customer.i have been with rogers for 12 years now. I really didn't want to end up leaving them because of something so minor.