Issues with On Demand in HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Issues with On Demand in HD

When I try to watch an On Demand movie in HD, the picture from the HD movie pixelates and I can see the content of the last channel I watched before switching to On Demand. It's as if the two shows are trying to play at the same time, one over top of the other and you can see content from both shows amongst the pixels; however, there is no sound for either show.

I've tried rebooting my box about half a dozen times, going from an SD channel to the On Demand show, deleting the HD show and starting all over again but nothing seems to work.  If I want to watch the same On Demand movie in SD, then I have no issues but why watch SD when you have the HD option?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Issues with On Demand in HD

How are you accessing VOD...via the menu, or by tuning to channel 100?

I Plan to Stick Around

I've tried multiple options......selecting OD from the menu, tuning directly to the the OD channel, selecting from Movies, selecting from New Releases. It really doesn't seem to matter.

I'm an Advisor

Kwoo:

What box do you have? I have the Nextbox 3 and on demand works flawlessy. I use channel 309 for my on demand stuff.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've got the 8642 HD PVR. After several days I was able to access some On Demand movies in HD so that's a good thing. I guess we'll see how long it lasts.

As an aside, how do you like the Nextbox 3.0? I'm thinking of switching but I'm a bit hesitant since it's still pretty new and likely to be filled with glitches!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Never tried any PAY stuff.. but any free stuff has worked fine for me in HD.  But i also have the nextbox 3.0

There are a few people who have had some glitches.. audio isues (cutting in and out), it doesnt play well currently with any HDMI CEC devices..
But generally all in all... the majority of the things that people HATED about the new guide on the 8642 like the input lag, changing channel time, etc.. is pretty much GONE.  Box is FAST.  Extra storage is nice (i have the extender on it, and have over 50 hours on it, at only like 17% full), as well have used the extra tuner at least 1-2 times a week now (no more time shifting).

I have only have to reboot it once since i got it (about a month ago), for a random lockup.  But those were often par for the course on the 8642 as well.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@KWoo wrote:

When I try to watch an On Demand movie in HD, the picture from the HD movie pixelates

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Just off hand, have you tried changing the resolution on your TV? Read SOMEWHERE in another thread/forum that changing the res from 1080 to 720 (or Vice versa) fixed a pixelation issue for another guy.

Just a thought for you to consider.................

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"