Issues on Galaxy S5 after Lollipop update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Issues on Galaxy S5 after Lollipop update

Hello @Swiper_the_Fox

The only way to downgrade is if u root ur device and add the older software aka Rom to do so. There is no other way. All devices are like this
I Plan to Stick Around

And something else I don't like with lollipop. When I enabled alarms in 4.4.2, it showed on my home screen when locked. With Lollipop, it doesn't show up anymore.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gisabun

Yeah it seems to be a issu the with Lollipop. Alot complained about that feature.
I Plan to Stick Around

The question is whether and if Rogers would release an update to fix this and other issues if they are eventually fixed.

I don't expect Andoid OS 6.0 to be on the older phones.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gisabun

Hopefully they will but it's also up to the manufacturer and the carrier together
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Good Day!

After my Fiance updated her Galaxy S4 it started having issues right away. After she updated the OS to Lollipop the phone has started to brick and won't turn on the standard way. She has to hold down the power button, home screen button at center bottom of screen and move the volume button up/down all at once multiple times to get it to even turn on.The battery has not been draining as battery shows that there is still battery life remaining after it reboots. The phone also bricks when she has it connected to the Samsung dedicated battery charger.

The phone has not been rooted.
There have been no SIM card error messages.

Yesterday evening I did a factory reset of the phone and she was still experiencing the same issues this morning.

Possible battery issue?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Brandonjbardard

It does seem like a battery issue causing the problem. Unfortunately if the device is out of warranty it would cost you to get it fixed or get a new battery. You can get a cheap battery online or via a cellphone shop. See if that will fix it.

If it's not the battery, it could be the internals causing it.

Thank you for your response!

I pay for the device insurance but before going that route I will buy a $15 replacement battery online, and see if that solves the problem. Any idea how I can go about finding out which version of the phone it is? the battery I'm looking at online is compatible with S4 I9500 I9505 or B600BE Samsung Galaxy S4's.

Could it possibly be an app that is overloading the processor and the phone is shutting down before any damage is done?

Thanks again!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Brandonjbardard

Ah okay. Yeah the device insurance will help but Dr the meantime get a cheap battery and test that out. Your model should be I9500 but check in your settings to see. The ATT model is the same as ours so it will work.

Hey @Meowmix

Yeah that is the plan for now. The phone however was even more unresponsive last night. At one point it wouldn't even turn on.  Luckily for my fiance the phone has been running normally today so maybe the gremlins in the device are gone. Going to see how it performs this weekend and then if it starts acting up again will pull the trigger on a new battery. If that doesn't yield any positive results will contact Rogers about the device insurance.

I did check the settings and even took the battery out to check behind that for the model number. It did not show the I9500 number but a "SGH-1337" (Think that is it off the top of my head) I tried to cross reference that number online to get more specific information but didn't have much luck. The battery I'm looking at however will work with both international versions of the phone according to the eBay ad.