Issues on Galaxy S5 after Lollipop update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Issues on Galaxy S5 after Lollipop update

After updating to Lollipop my battery has had severe issues the last couple days.  Usually my day will start fine for a couple hours then will drop up to 80% of the battery within 3 hours while not being used.  I've been using task killers in the backround, reinstalling apps that may be causing issues but it's still an problem.  Does anyone else have any ideas on fixes?  I've never had any battery issues at all until the update.  Also please share your own issues and any fixes you may have found please!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Issues on Galaxy S5 after Lollipop update

Hello MANDROID

Have you tried preforming a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix it? Do u have any setting turned of that will do this?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No I haven't tried a factory reset. To be honest thats a last resort for me, I would give it a couple more horrible days before I would do that.  Switching to ultra power saving mode currently a bunch to get through a day.   I've tried to go through all the setting I could find to turn off gps, location services etc.  Facebook apparently shows to be the worst culprit other than the android OS.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

prior to this update

when a new notification came in, whether it was 

new email, or msg or app updates etc. you could see what the new notification was at the top left

of the screen when the screen was locked etc..

after this update, now it just says ROGERS  and after you unlcok the screen, you can see the notifications

WHY ?   can this be turned off anywhere and / or can we downgrade the version back to 4 again ?

PS: not sure what forum to post this in so since it was OS update, i put it android forum

pls move if it needs to 

thanks

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Swiper_the_Fox

Good question, maybe @Meowmix  or someone from the community can provide their insight with the new notifications, any recommendations?

@RogersPrasana

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Swiper_the_Fox

This unfortunately can NOT be removed unless u root ur device. They have now set it up that way.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe we need to seperate the topic onits own and have users COMPLAIN about it so it gets changed back

i didn't ask for that crap in the corner

i already know its a rogers service / phone

don't need it taking place of my notification area

and im sure no one else likes it there either.....

please change it back  !

thanks

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Swiper_the_Fox

Most service providers do that. Bell has done it and so ha Telus. That's the agreement th have with the manufacturer. So really nothing can be done and even if we make a thread about it, it won't get much out of it. The agreement is set.

I wish the carriers name was never added as well..
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Got the same thing with the S4 was. Instead of seeing notifications [app updates, email, ..." I see Rogers. I prefer my cell to be quiet in notifications. So I don't want to enable email notifications and get waken up at odd hours. Now I need to unlock my phone to see if something came in.

Annoyed.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes, we need more people to chime in and complain about it further
we as canadians sit back and take too much crap from the people we pay our good money to. We already know w ho provides us with service AND we as the consumer should have the ability to TURN THAT CRAP OFF if we want
Stand Up Canada !!
Rogers has already screwed UP with NHL agreeement with brutal coverage, we need to get this changed !

PS: is there not a way to downgrade it back to previous OS ? is there a link to older firmwares for rogers / and their phones ?